Thread: Loopy Angel_Mag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Loopy Angel_Mag

I'm actually liking this bizarre configuration so far. The upside down drop puts the tank an a place that rests against my forearm making it easy to aim and steady at arms length. Should be a nice run & gun configuration. Plus it draws out the lines of the Angel frame and just "looks right" to me. The air line is not really working out where it is. Ideally I could pick up a reverse valve (or have this one tapped on the other side) and switch to a side ported ASA. The other problem I didn't foresee was the lack of a safety on this frame. Going to have to kajigger one up somehow. Any machinist (paid) volunteers?

Name:  loopyMag.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  49.7 KB

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    I like it.

^

That is very cool. What about getting an asa with a port on the left side and doing the line over the body to that side.

Is that a helios body?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    That is very cool. What about getting an asa with a port on the left side and doing the line over the body to that side.

Is that a helios body?
    Yes. I like the body so far.
    I may go the over body route as it's the easiest/cheapest solution.

What angel frame is it and how much work did you need to do to make it work. I think I want one to pneumag it.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    What angel frame is it and how much work did you need to do to make it work. I think I want one to pneumag it.
    It's a Space Frame. It didn't take too much work, just had to drill a new hole for the front screw. To make it work as a mech I had to cut off the back of the angel trigger and drill a hole for the sear rod. To go pneu you could probably keep the trigger intact. You'd need a mounting plate on the inside because the interior of the frame has no meat on it at all. The ram could be tricky as well. The top of the frame only has material on one side.

Name:  IR3 space frame.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  6.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Plus it draws out the lines of the Angel frame and just "looks right" to me. The air line is not really working out where it is. Ideally I could pick up a reverse valve (or have this one tapped on the other side) and switch to a side ported ASA.
    I LOVE this!

This is one of my guns...I was having trouble keeping the air line out of the way and then ran it like this and it's comfy...I think if you side tapped yours and ran it this way it would look even "righter";

that's definitely different. if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    that's definitely different. if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
    lol. Thanks mom.