Thread: Hmm... How can I make my own sidecar squeegie holder

Question Hmm... How can I make my own sidecar squeegie holder

AO: I'm working on a project that needs some "old school" flair. I was looking into the old sidecars that Planet Eclipse sold and really wanted to track one down. I haven't seen many aluminum PE sidecars for sale so I decided to try the DIY way...

While looking at the side car I felt like I could buy some mount rings and an aluminum cigar tube.

The only problem is that I want to mount it to a stock and not an automag sight rail.

Are there any cigar or firearm experts out there that could identify what i'm looking for?

use a 10 rnd tube

So are you asking where you can find clamps that will mount to the square stock and hold round tube? If so I think home depot might have something, over in the electrical department.

You want a lazer or flashlight mount - holds "Tube A" (gun barrel) to "Tube B" (accessory).

Something like this...
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/produ...FZJxOgodPSsA0A

There are lower profile ones, neater ones, etc - this was just a quick google.

oooohhhh. theres an automotive clamp like this. 2 halfs of the number 8 that hold 2 tubes together.

I'll save you a metal cigar tube. Maybe Luke can powder coat it.

maybe to cheap of a route for you but I can print something for ya maybe.
    I know you are probably trying to replicate something so printing it is probably not the look you want.

the ones I've see attach to the side of the main rail not the sight rail.

All the old ones I remember in the late 90s were PVC pipe with a rubber nipple over one end. Squeege stuck through the nipple. They were in a strap on your tank. Mounted to the side of a T stock. Or on the dove tail mounts on the side of a mag. I never personally saw any that the tube was actually metal.

Mine personally was a elastic strap on my tank.

I would think anything you mount to the stock using clamps is most likely going to gouge up the metal/anno on your stock when it twists and or rotates. Would welding on a dovetail/pict or drilling and tapping screw through the rail on the stock be an option.
    Last edited by Coralis; 01-24-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: edited for clarity

I have 2 sets of new original sidecar kits that go on the rail if you were looking for an original.

I was going to use them to hold 10 round tubes but I think I'm going a different way.