Thread: Intelliframe question

Intelliframe question

So I just got all my parts together for my new mag. I am fine tuning the x-valve however unfortunately am now out of air and will have to screw with it in a couple of days to get it right. My question is, is it necessary to get the ULE trigger in order to increase the BPS and is it necessary to hook up the intelliframe to ensure the balls are fed fast enough. I am running a Halo Too hopper. Is the Frame only compatible with the Revy or will it hook up to the Halo hopper. Just trying to figure out how to make this gun shoot as fast as possible. ANy suggestions? Thank you

For simplicity's sake, I'd just forget using the intellifeed feature of the I-Frame. Force-fed hoppers are so fast now that they shouldn't really have trouble keeping up, and the level 10 bolt makes it impossible to chop a paintball in any case.

ULT Trigger isn't necessary for max BPS, but it makes for a nice, easy semi auto trigger pull. The ULT on/off or an RT on/off will both RT when fed with high enough air pressure.

My advice for "as fast as possible" is got get a super high output tank and learn to sweet-spot the trigger. Your HALO should be fine, especially with the lvl X.

Cheers,
    Scotty

Thanks scotty,

Trying to learn as much as possible to make this mag rip. Right now I only have a compressed air tank. I saw that nitro is highly recommended. Is this necessary as well? Is it also possible to walk a mag with the valve, ULE trigger, and intelliframe? Just didn't know if anyone was able to figure this out, I have read that this is not possible but didn't know if a new mod was discovered. THanks .

Quote Originally Posted by cmbeers21 View Post
    Thanks scotty,

Trying to learn as much as possible to make this mag rip. Right now I only have a compressed air tank. I saw that nitro is highly recommended. Is this necessary as well? Is it also possible to walk a mag with the valve, ULE trigger, and intelliframe? Just didn't know if anyone was able to figure this out, I have read that this is not possible but didn't know if a new mod was discovered. THanks .

You don't need nitro. Some people can walk the trigger with ULT, but your mag will be faster with high pressure regulator tank and the RT effect that provides.

Right now I only have a compressed air tank. I saw that nitro is highly recommended. Is this necessary as well?
    Nitro is just a slang reference to compressed air when used in paintball. Nitrogen is used over air in situations where temperature fluctuations affect the pressure, because temperature has less of an effect on pure nitrogen than an air mix. The only thing it would help with is the velocity ramping that a retro valve experiences with a high input pressure. No one I have ever known has used Nitrogen in a paintball gun for increased performance.

Is it also possible to walk a mag with the valve, ULE trigger, and intelliframe? Just didn't know if anyone was able to figure this out, I have read that this is not possible but didn't know if a new mod was discovered. THanks .
    The ULT was never designed to be walkable. It was designed to reduce the reactive runaway effect of the retro valve and to reduce the trigger pull force to an extremely low value. The ULT is about 15oz in a level 7 mag, and a bit higher in a level 10 mag. To put that in perspective, a variety of electronic guns use switches that range from 1 oz to 9 oz and then use magnets and springs to make them adjustable. Alot of walkable triggers are made by reducing the trigger pull to very small values close to 2oz. That is still very tiny compared to the 15oz of the ULT. You can tune the ULT so that it is more reactive and responsive, which helps you sort of "walk" the trigger, but it will never be the same as an electronic trigger.

As for your other concerns, a good force fed hopper will outfeed your mechanical pull rate. If it has a spring wound feed cone, then it has a built-in intellifeed in that is going to instantly react to your trigger pull. Only the agitating gravity fed hoppers needed intellifeed systems so that they started the agitation as you started to pull the trigger in order to free up any obstructions to the gravity feed tube and allow the balls to drop as soon as the bolt reset.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

thanks guys for all of the responses. Definately cleared up some questions I had about the gun. Just got back into paintball and wanted to take on this project which has been a very educational and fun time. Let you all know how it comes out and maybe post a pic in the near future. Grazie

For further clarification, you can use the RT effect with a ULT, but it is not "walking" and it is not as strong a bounce as you would get in the same valve with the stock RT on/off. You can do a slow walk (~6-8 bps) with an intelliframe and ULT, depending on your coordination. An x-valve with a Ninja HPA bottle at 1100 psi (stock SHP model) will usually push between 19 and 22 bps (riding, not walking).

So you have to be careful about "ripping". Mags can shoot faster than socially acceptable and are not as easy to adjust the rof limit as an electro. With some trigger practice, choice of input pressure, and choice of loader, you can get a great range of rate-of-fire out of a mag; it's just not on an OLED board with buttons.

My favorite part of RT mags is having the trigger somewhat bouncy, so that it plays semi until I go looking for the sweetspot. Depending on the setup, the bounce may go on for 4 balls or 140 (final battle!). Some people like them just for less chuffing and always semi, or very bouncy and they hold the marker back most of the time.

Thanks Spider,
    So by using a Ninja HPA at 1100 increases the output of balls by twice as many? Also when everyone refers to sweet spot what exactly is this? Is it when your able to fully control your trigger? Sorry for all the noob questions. Thanks

the sweet spot is the location in the trigger pull where the valve recharges so fast it resets the sear and since your are holding the trigger the sear releases again or "bounces off the trigger" basically a version of full auto. the amount of bounce is different on each valve and you will have to find the "sweet spot" on your mag. on my classic rt's one will bounce well with 850 psi input and the other needs more, when I hook up my 1200 psi bottle it runs like mad. from what I have learned in my short time with rt's air volume is more important than actual pressure from the tank.