Thread: first time at LL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

first time at LL

ok how should i pack my gear on the field? how much paint should i carry.... tell me anything that will help me game wise or anything. should i have two tanks on the field? say i need air can i leave the game and rejoin? will they have prizes? lol

You can carry 2 tanks if you wish... dont

Carry what you feel comfortable carrying. You can leave and fill anytime you want. Reinserions every 10 min. There will be prizes.

I have never been there but given the size of the place I would only carry what you know you can carry for a extended time frame

Couple of things I consider necessary:

1. Water and Food - Weather can get pretty warm and it seems to be quite humid as a lot of the field is pretty low. I actually wear a 5 pod pack and put a water bottle in one of the sleeves. My brother in law has a camel pack that he wears. I've seen more than one player go down from dehydration/overheating. I would also recommend possibly Gatorade or other rehydration aids. Don't forget to eat. Long walks and running on an empty stomach is no fun. Nothing will drain you faster than exerting the crap out of yourself with zero fuel for your body. I even go so far as to pack a couple of granola bars in my pockets to eat while waiting for reinsertion. You'll see lots of envy in peoples eyes as you're eating and drinking while they're hot hungry and thirsty.

2. Learn when to say when - Take breaks. If you are older and/or out of shape take more breaks. Find some shade and recharge. I've been to fields that take mandatory breaks in the action for an hour or two and would love to see this instituted at this field, but probably not going to happen. I'm guilty of this often myself. So much so that I rarely play much on Sunday because I am freaking exhausted from Saturday.

3. Proper clothing - Personally I chafe like crazy in my nether regions. What works for me is a pair of compression shorts with wicking qualities to get the moisture out of there. Nothing sucks worse than getting sidelined the next day because your arse cheeks are fire from crotch rot. Gold Bond helps as well. Wicking shirts also help. There is lots of brush, rock and crap all over the place so I usually suggest long sleeve jerseys/shirts and knee pads or pants with knee pads built in. There is LOTS of crouching and crawling in some areas so be prepared. Wear good shoes. I personally waffle between hiking boots and tactical boots. Cleats are probably fine, but understand that a fair amount of play from my understanding this year will be centered around the town and the streets are paved and probably going to be a little slick. I've seen numerous people go down in the town. Usually from running across a bunch of paint that got dropped or what. I'm surprised more people aren't hurt.

4. Carry only what you need - It is a pretty large field and most times the insertion point is a good 1/8 - 1/4 mile from the action. Be prepared to walk... A LOT! These walks will become horrific if you're carrying around an extra 10-15 pounds of equipment beyond what you need. They used to have a bus that transported people back to the staging area, which again is about 1/4 mile from the insertion points, but not sure if they have had it the past few years. This gets back to the reasons for 1&2.

5. Avoid over partying - I know this is probably an unpopular stance, but I would try to avoid drinking or partying as much as possible if you truly plan on playing the next day. IMO, nothing sucks worse than getting leg cramps and throwing up the next day in 95* temps because you're sweating out Bud Light. If you're like most people, this is a fairly big expense and you want to enjoy the experience. Of course if you just came to party, rock on and ignore this one. Personally I go to play paintball, all the other stuff is secondary. If you do drink, make sure to match drink for drink a glass of water to flush out the alcohol.

i do drink alot of water they gonna let me drink on the field or you mean to save it when im waiting? i have a pack and really dont like it its a four on vertical. i dont know what to get i kinda like the tac vest but dont need all the pockets.... just sleeves for paint lol. how about locking up my stuff will there be lockers or what. maybe i will bring a couple army lock boxes just in case. not to for sure how much paint to get.... i never ran Rt with SHP and lots of meat on the field lol

i looked on the cpx site but will you need a waiver or something signed if you r under 18 to play?

Youre under 18?

A good practice for legends.... go out and play at a local place. Carry 6 pods of paint with you, a camel pak, and your gun. Do not put anything down in between games. Carry your gun and mask with you at all times. Keep this up for around 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    i looked on the cpx site but will you need a waiver or something signed if you r under 18 to play?
    Here's the underage waiver for CPX. I don't think there's a special one for LL. I'll get in touch with Sean and let you know.