Thread: Is it possible to mill a CF rail?

Is it possible to mill a CF rail?

Can one mill a CF block onto a AM/MM rail? If you use the AM/MM sear, one wouldn't need any sort of aluminum insert as there would be no threads at all.

That would be awesome!

better plan is probably to just get rid of the rail, be easier to design your way around it, rather then mill carbon fiber. its hell on tooling.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    Can one mill a CF block onto a AM/MM rail? If you use the AM/MM sear, one wouldn't need any sort of aluminum insert as there would be no threads at all.

That would be awesome!
    I print functioning rails. So I don't see why not.

We made all our arms and stuff for our Rc cars out of milled composite carbon fiber like the automag sing trigger frame. And we have made the same parts out of layered carbon fiber.

If you know the info about the carbon fiber you have it is really easy to mill.

someone do a run of these pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    someone do a run of these pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why? just for the black look?
    and if you cant get composite,
    layered, the proper layered type of carbon fiber, the rail will be crap,
    luke makes amazing light rails that don't have the possibility to fail.

be is actually selling them now.

I was looking at my Carbon Mag, with the Carbon body, frame, foregrip and barrel and I just thought that having a carbon rail in place of the already ridiculously light Mini Shadow rail would be cool. That's why I asked.

Am I the only one amused by the notion that folks are discussing building basically a completely plastic automag, and this is considered a good thing?

The first carbonfiber paintball products I recall encountering are AGD frames - I'm not concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    I was looking at my Carbon Mag, with the Carbon body, frame, foregrip and barrel and I just thought that having a carbon rail in place of the already ridiculously light Mini Shadow rail would be cool. That's why I asked.
    no it totally is cool.
    just think it would have been done by now.

I would be in for one for sure if came out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Am I the only one amused by the notion that folks are discussing building basically a completely plastic automag, and this is considered a good thing?
    its possible, I have one 100% plastic ABS minus the body and valve of course.
    boddy will be done soon.
    there should be no problems what so ever since my prototype slug body was good until my son got ahold of it and I found it under my back tire as I drove off.

Ha! Not at all a statement of concern regarding functionality, durability, etc. I still haven't found a frame I like better than the AGD CF one. I just thought it was funny considering the general stigma against plastic is all. I've never shot one, but I think I would be a glock kind of guy, too. A composite grip frame for some reason just feels "right" to me.

No more need to mill it once this arrives...

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-world...ter-1511379510
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    No more need to mill it once this arrives...

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-the-world...ter-1511379510
    there have been many know trouble with this process.
    especially from that maker.

this and nylon is my next setup for my printer.
    takes some knowing how to tweek but hopefully soon I will be printing in these materials.