Thread: ATTN Tom Kaye?

ATTN Tom Kaye?

Hey guys, how goes it? I was told by a mutual AO member/friend that the best way to get ahold of Tom would be posting a thread here. I was hoping to get in touch with him to discuss a question I had for mr kaye. Hope this works, Thank ya much!

Postvthe question. ..

I have one.. I purchased a mag off craigslist. It does not have the stock regulator on the rear.. How would I find out if it's a level10? He said he purchased in 99 . I assume it does

pictures would help

level 10 is the bolt not the back half of the regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    level 10 is the bolt not the back half of the regulator.
    Correct the back of the valve is a regulator if it is not stock it should be aluminum most likely made by hurricane labs iirc. The easiest way to tell a level 10 bolt is to take the bolt off the valve if the valve tip has a slot its probably not level 10 if it is a hex it most likely is a level 10. Also look at the bolt stem from the back of the bolt. If it is solid its level 7 if it is hollow it is level 10.

Please don't thread jack fellas......

I was hoping to just get ahold of Tom, but no big. There's about roughly 8 of us "local guys" here in California on the central coast and we all use mags. I run a textile printing and vinyl graphics company and was wondering if I could get the permission from Tom Kaye for me to print us guys some custom style shirts with the AGD logo in them. They are only for us 8 guys, and would be given only for free. Tom wouldn't have to lift a finger in the process, and they would NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER, did I mention NEVER EVER? be for sale or distribution. We just want to rep em! lol. And the guys i'm talking about are also active members of AO. Hopefully I can hear something back or work something out. Thanks a lot for help!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali_Mag View Post
    Hey guys, how goes it? I was told by a mutual AO member/friend that the best way to get ahold of Tom would be posting a thread here. I was hoping to get in touch with him to discuss a question I had for mr kaye. Hope this works, Thank ya much!
    From SLO, nice. Next time I visit my bro down town I plan on bringing tons of gear to play, nothing like shooting your own bro.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    From SLO, nice. Next time I visit my bro down town I plan on bringing tons of gear to play, nothing like shooting your own bro.
    Definitely hit me up man! We have 2 parks. One here in SLO at Camp Roberts, and another about 35min out in Santa Maria. Like I said up top, we have a pretty good consistent crew of guys that all play with mags.

Sure you can print up some stuff your your guys. Glad to have them on board! The other posters are right, LVL10 is the bolt not the back.

AGD

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Sure you can print up some stuff your your guys. Glad to have them on board!

AGD
    Looks like I'll be sporting a new shirt or two... may I add; I've been shooting mags for over a decade and could say I've converted many people to them, matter of fact, just fixed a local guys mag that has been sitting for years and he just purchased a nice ule mag in the BST section...I can easily say that the bug bit pretty hard around here...

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    Sure you can print up some stuff your your guys. Glad to have them on board! The other posters are right, LVL10 is the bolt not the back.

AGD
    SAWEEEET! Thanks a lot man! Stoked on the go-ahead.

I'll buy one

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Looks like I'll be sporting a new shirt or two... may I add; I've been shooting mags for over a decade and could say I've converted many people to them, matter of fact, just fixed a local guys mag that has been sitting for years and he just purchased a nice ule mag in the BST section...I can easily say that the bug bit pretty hard around here...
    keiko_819 is definitely a major part of how I was introduced to mags! lol. Old friend always tried to convert me, than I started playing with keiko_819 and a few other mag players and I was hooked. Aint looked back since!

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I'll buy one
    keiko_819 is a good buddy, so he was one of the "roughly 8" I mentioned earlier. However, id be more than happy to send some samples to Tom Kaye and with his permission make some for sale, obviously with some kind of % kick back to AGD. But baby steps, lol, as well as I wouldn't want to step on any toes if any other AO members already have an arrangement with him. Thanks though, ill post final product pics when I finish them, long week and weekend ahead so probably wont start printing a few up till Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali_Mag View Post
    keiko_819 is definitely a major part of how I was introduced to mags! lol. Old friend always tried to convert me, than I started playing with keiko_819 and a few other mag players and I was hooked. Aint looked back since!

keiko_819 is a good buddy, so he was one of the "roughly 8" I mentioned earlier. However, id be more than happy to send some samples to Tom Kaye and with his permission make some for sale, obviously with some kind of % kick back to AGD. But baby steps, lol, as well as I wouldn't want to step on any toes if any other AO members already have an arrangement with him. Thanks though, ill post final product pics when I finish them, long week and weekend ahead so probably wont start printing a few up till Monday.
    I sold a marq6 to a kid in San Luis obispo he spoke of a tight group of mag guys in that area. Wonder if he was speaking of you guys

a group of mag shooters, most likely our group, you cant miss us; wielding all kinds of mags...classics, ule's, tac's, pump's, warps...

Hey now! What am I chopped liver I see how it is I'm lighting both you up next time we play see if you forget about me then!

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Hey now! What am I chopped liver I see how it is I'm lighting both you up next time we play see if you forget about me then!
    hater

Wooooow. hater for sure lobo_fuerte! You know i'm no name dropper. Keiko_819 spoke into the thread so I said sumthin. Notice how I said a "major part." My sick mag skills are because of 3 players... Electrokiller, lobo_fuerte and Keiko_819. Credit due! haha They are also part of the 8 I mentioned that will be rockin the AGD shirts, but the elite 3. I think there is this other dude who pops his head out from the back time to time, whats his name? Alpha_q_up or sumthin? just playin buddy. Nuthin but love. But ya, most likely we are very same mag ballers ya heard about!

Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post

Also, get with the times lobo_fuerte, get a Avatar dude. Do you even lift bro?