Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emag Selector Switches

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    picky, picky, picky! Is this OK?
    Yes I like that a lot, sorry the engineer in me comes out, I am just jealous that I don't have CAD to play with, or any cool machines

It's all good, I did see it but let it go because most of the time I would fine tune that at the time of production.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole1119 View Post
    http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paint...aller_sfl.html

The third picture down has a nice close up
    Would love to see these available again
    Last edited by havinnoj; 02-05-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Okay, THIS should be the final design, lol.

Design One

Design Two

Design Three
    Last edited by luke; 02-02-2014 at 07:43 PM.

I think I have finalized the 3 designs. I had hoped to have these done Monday or Tuesday but I had to order tooling so we are looking at next weekend to finish up.

I like option 3.
    Speaking of switches, my emag switch is getting finicky. Any advice on replacing it? I've never dug that far into the gun.
    If you need a set of lowers to experiment with, I got one laying in a box you could borrow (so you don't have to take yours apart)
    Xmag, IT Emag
    And a few other Emags.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFiend View Post
    I like option 3.
    Speaking of switches, my emag switch is getting finicky. Any advice on replacing it? I've never dug that far into the gun.
    If you need a set of lowers to experiment with, I got one laying in a box you could borrow (so you don't have to take yours apart)
    the set screw in the assembly is funny some times, it is in there almost to the point you strip it trying to get it out or it kinda floats.
    but I doubt that is your problem, just be patient if you try to remove screws from it. and such.

Thanks for the heads up!

I was always thinking about making these...just too many projects. glad to you see you are going to make it happen! would be a good idea to clearance the bottom of them so the lever does not rub on the frame....I think it would wear the anodizing on the frame.

Been selling switches for about 10 years but always made them on my knee mill, these will be the first cnc made though. (Joy)
    Adding a little clearance wouldn't be a problem, thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    I was always thinking about making these...just too many projects. glad to you see you are going to make it happen! would be a good idea to clearance the bottom of them so the lever does not rub on the frame....I think it would wear the anodizing on the frame.
    YEAH,
    I have noticed that all the previous switches have rubbed. never thought anything of it. lol just threw the switches out and put the stock ones on.

Yea, I never noticed it either. I just installed a stock one and it rubs too, with it being plastic it may not have wore the anno down. I will just add a small clearance pass on the bottom. It will still rub under the screw area but it will be a circle that can't be seen..
    Last edited by luke; 02-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.

nice to have a piece of sacrificial material.

I like #2 & #3.. any idea on price for these?

Not supposed to quote prices in this forum but they will be right around the same price as the one on my website.

Not supposed to quote prices in this forum but they will be right around the same price as the one on my website.
    Thanks Luke. Count me in for a couple.

Looks like tooling is on back order for at least a week...
    Last edited by luke; 02-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.

To make sure I don't miss these when they're ready, when do you think you can take orders?

Can't say for sure with tooling on back order, that's the only thing holding up production.

These will be kept in stock though.

Tooling is still on back order.

OK, so I got the programs dialed in, need to setup my programs for repeats and the mill for final production and I'll button up this little project.

OK, so I got the programs dialed in, need to setup my programs for repeats and the mill for final production and I'll button up this little project.

Looking good!!

did you do the offset alittle so they don't rub as much?
    just wondering.
    I diffidently need some,
    will these be stocked?
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 02-24-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Very nice Luke. Look forward to picking some up.

Looks great. Can't wait to order a few :-)

did you do the offset alittle so they don't rub as much?
    just wondering.
    It was addressed but differently than what was previously mentioned. I actually redesigned them with the offset, had it programmed ready for production and changed my mind on the direction of the fix. I believe that idea would actually act like a drill bit and end up galling the area under the screw. That is because it would have had two little tiny surfaces to constantly dig into your frame. I guess it would be hidden under the lever, but I think it would cause much more damage.

What I did was redesign the slot. It does not run the full length to the lever anymore, it is only as long as needed to fit the assembly. The idea is, the single larger surface area will cause less damage over time. It's not really something you would consider unless you see the CAD's.

I think this was the best solution after studying the models .

I diffidently need some,
    will these be stocked?
    Yes, these are a stock item.
    Last edited by luke; 02-24-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Looks great. Can't wait to order a few :-)
    Cool, these are done and ready to go.

I will take 2 of each.

It was addressed but differently than what was previously mentioned. I actually redesigned them with the offset, had it programmed ready for production and changed my mind on the direction of the fix. I believe that idea would actually act like a drill bit and end up galling the area under the screw. That is because it would have had two little tiny surfaces to constantly dig into your frame. I guess it would be hidden under the lever, but I think it would cause much more damage.

What I did was redesign the slot. It does not run the full length to the lever anymore, it is only as long as needed to fit the assembly. The idea is, the single larger surface area will cause less damage over time. It's not really something would would consider unless you see the CAD's.

I think this was the best solution after studying the models .

Yes, these are a stock item.
    awesome on both,
    I understood the first part perfectly.
    you know me it takes a lot for me to understand things. lol