Thread: Hole in ASA adapter

Hole in ASA adapter

I purchased an ASA on ebay. It was unused. It came today and there is a slight pin hole below the threads for the air connection that goes all the way through and out the very top of the inside threads. See pictures;

Name:  DSC_1013.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  25.0 KB
    Name:  DSC_1015.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  20.4 KB

I can't imagine that this serves a purpose. This is a machining error, right? Just want some feedback before I complain to the seller. It's no one from AO.

bleed hole for air when you unscrew a tank, its so the air escapes and releases the pressure.

Exactly what knm said. I bought a few of those from I&I on eBay and have had no problems. It should work great.

That hole is a bleed hole as mentioned. It is located slightly behind the tank oring so that it will bleed off the air pressure once the tank is unscrewed far enough to release the pin on the regulator.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Remove a tank from the old ASAs before they started putting these on all of them, THEN you'll know what it's for

I have drilled a similar hole in the old AGD back bottle adapters. Those really need it. Their depressor pin was long and the threads were razor sharp.

Not as much needed today. But back in the 90s when we all used co2 they were a must. Everyone I know drilled there own. It kept the tank Oring from freezing and breaking.

I was a little worried when I didn't see one on my classic mag. I guess I never noticed a problem w/o a hole because I use a gas thru grip. I thought it might be a bleed hole but wasn't sure. Thanks for schooling me before I embarrassed my self with the vendor.