Thread: 9.6 volt batteries and marker compatibility?

9.6 volt batteries and marker compatibility?

So I got some 9.6 volt batteries for my Booyah frame. It seems to make a significant difference as others pointed out in my other thread.

Sooooooo, I was wondering if other markers/accessories would benefit from them or if they may be dangerous for things like Vikings or E-bladed cockers. I've read that they work in certain loaders fine, but have no experience myself.

Any input?

THANKS!

Markers with big honkin' clapper solenoids. Most electronic STBBs and clones will benefit from them, as will Booyah and Centerflag frames, and Tippmanns/BTs. Some frames will not work without them.

Eblades have big clappers but IIRC you're not supposed to use them, something can be damaged - I think E1s can't use them and E2 can? Or vice versa? Or neither. I don't remember!

The only EP marker I've ever encountered that required them were Tribals, which barely work with a standard 9v.

My Ego 11 likes to eat the special paintball 9 volts, instead of the regular Eveready, Duracell, etc. I've had some problems with regular supermarket batteries.