Thread: building a complete mag....but new to mags.. need advice or suggestions

building a complete mag....but new to mags.. need advice or suggestions

ok.. I have been playing for over 15 yrs and I have never owned a mag before. I have built and owned several cockers and matricies and I currently have a sizeable vintage matrix collection and I do work on other peoples as well.

I have been wanting to get into mags for some time but it just hasn't happened untill now. I have been prowling about on all the forums and ebay, reading up on these guns and looking to see what has caught my eye. I decided upon building my own from all new parts and I have already made my mind up on what the gun will look like and what main parts it consists of. I just need some answers on anything I may have overlooked or haven't included in my list of what I have and need. Please feel free to comment on what is still needed or any changes you think may be for the better. Ohh.. and my build is being centered on going as light as possible

Here's what I currently have purchased

1 UL agd frame with grips and trigger
    1 Lukes UL rail
    1 new x valve never used
    1 deadly winds foregrip

Here's what still need to buy....

1 body (either agd ULE or XULE)
    1 feedneck
    1 set of fastners for frame to body
    standard macroline fittings and line
    asa

Is there anything I'm overlooking??? any odd pieces I'm forgetting???.. Take into account that I have never had a complete gun in front of me to look at as far as parts go and Ive only looked at diagrams online

Any other suggestions??

Thanks for you help
    Last edited by RAPER; 02-02-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added content

best way to build a mag is to just START with a mag. go buy yourself a 60-80$ classic for sale somewhere. then after you build your gun youll have 2

it's how mags breed

YIKES…a prowling RAPER looking to build a gun….haha

hey man your gonna also need a Sear and Sear Pin….welcome to tha insanity known as Mags!!!

thanks for the replies.. doesn't the sear and sear pin come with the xvalve????? i don't currently have it in my hands yet but its in transit..

FYI... my last name is raper.. and no, it's not a joke.

The valve should come with a bolt and spring. The sear and sear pin are connected to the rail. If you already have the rail, if it isn't attached, you will need one.

Quote Originally Posted by RAPER View Post

FYI... my last name is raper.. and no, it's not a joke.
    "He had the craziest look in his eye....."

Any progress?

Throw some pictures up on what you have and we can help you with what the rest of your needs will be. And yes they do breed while your sleeping. I started with one and now I have 12. Mag's can make rabbits look celibate.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Maybe tonight I'll do an exploded mag picture with all the parts.

If you bought your Xvalve, brand new from AGD or tuna, it will come with a classic sear, but not the sear pin.

So, dependig on the rail you have, you will need to buy either a classic sear pin or RT sear and sear pin.

A couple words of advice!
    1. You'll need a lot of money
    2. Get help because mags continually evolve and are very addicting

i have everything right now minus a body and valve... I got a lukes UL frame new from him (uses classic sear) I have a classic sear and sear pin on the way, I have a UL'd agd frame new from the vendor on here, and I have a deadly winds foregrip. I also have the front and rear mounting frame screws as well and those stainless bushings for them JIC they are needed