Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: KAM Designs M86 Run #2

Thanks everyone. We are all home now. Everyones doing well.

Kwik: shot me a pm with your frame preferance. Gloss or dust. Ill add you to the list.

Congratulations on the baby. Can I be added to 3 rd run in gloss black. Thanks

Sorry for not getting a update up sooner.

We were getting close. The ano place has been flaking. Funny they are considered "the place to go" by many. They came highly recommended and after this batch is done they will not be getting any more work from me.

They had everything done. When the machinist went to get them the majority of the frames had fingerprints in the ano. Which means they touched them before they were finished. Im not sure how many of the frames that was. Those frames affected are being redone. The machinest knows I would not accept them as they were and neither would he.

I am not happy with how long this batch is taking. After everyone gets there parts (Which all will be checking carefully before shipping) I will be taking a break and re-evaluating my suppliers.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

What about the raw polished ones like mine? Are these waiting on the others as well?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    What about the raw polished ones like mine? Are these waiting on the others as well?
    The plan was to ship all at once. Its simply easier. But at this point Im gonna request the raws be sent. If I had foreseen the delays I would have done so far earlier.

For those wondering. This has been my distraction for the last 3 weeks. Her original "Due date" was today.

Im back to work full time now. So I will be responding to any questions in a more timely manner.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 09-08-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    The plan was to ship all at once. Its simply easier. But at this point Im gonna request the raws be sent. If I had foreseen the delays I would have done so far earlier.

For those wondering. This has been my distraction for the last 3 weeks. Her original "Due date" was today.

Im back to work full time now. So I will be responding to any questions in a more timely manner.
    Congratulations! I think there are plenty of us that know what that is like. Also I believe we crossed paths 3 weeks back at Paintball Wizard, I was trying to get a reg shimmed for a buddy. Good to put a face to a name.

Quote Originally Posted by audioSLAVE View Post
    Congratulations! I think there are plenty of us that know what that is like. Also I believe we crossed paths 3 weeks back at Paintball Wizard, I was trying to get a reg shimmed for a buddy. Good to put a face to a name.
    Ah yes we did. Damn wish I had known.

Sorry for not getting a update up sooner.

We were getting close. The ano place has been flaking. Funny they are considered "the place to go" by many. They came highly recommended and after this batch is done they will not be getting any more work from me.

They had everything done. When the machinist went to get them the majority of the frames had fingerprints in the ano. Which means they touched them before they were finished. Im not sure how many of the frames that was. Those frames affected are being redone. The machinest knows I would not accept them as they were and neither would he.

I am not happy with how long this batch is taking. After everyone gets there parts (Which all will be checking carefully before shipping) I will be taking a break and re-evaluating my suppliers.
    I would do the same.

Current update & explanation.

Update: Talked to the machinist yesterday. Actually managed to call him while he was at the ano shop picking these up. They should be shipped to me either today or tomorrow.

Explanation: Ano has been a huge hassle this run. Used a place that came highly recommended the short is they suck. We had to redo all the engraving on the frames. They over polished the first ones. And removed most of the engraving and they left fingerprints in the ano.

cool! should we plan to have these next weekend or the following?
    im just so excited to finally get to put my next build to use

Between ship time from Cali to NH, assembly time, packaging. Im gonna say a couple weeks. But im gonna be assembling as fast as I can. Its just tedious.

My main goals are.
    Get the preorder frames you.
    Get the "extras" assembled so those can be sold. ( if your onthe extras list expext a pm in the next week or two)(if you want on the extras list pm me)
    But at least things are finally moving in the right direction.

Thanks for the update.

I'm certain you did your best along all the process.

They have been shipped to me. I should be receiving the frames this week. I once here I will be assembling & testing during lunches. And getting them out as soon as possible.

The good.
    Frames are in. Only the pre-ordered ones right now. The second box is still in transit with extras.

The Bad
    One trigger stop hole on all triggers wasn't threaded. They will be fixed asap.

Other then that everything looks great.

Once Again I find that I must apologize for the delay. I refuse to send incorrect parts.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 10-03-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Just so people have something to look at.

These were done for fun. I had no intention of doing colored until last minute.

1) Blue Frame: This frame will be a Tunaball giveaway. The only Blue frame & it will have laser engraved panels.
    2) Red frame: Has already been Sold.
    3) Purple: Mine, Mine, Mine. Needed one for my Purple pumpmag
    4) Black "Sandman": Very special one off engraved.

If its the bottom trigger stop, don't worry about it on mine.

It is the bottom on all triggers.

I like how those colors came out

Is that one for The Sandman?
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Is that one for The Sandman?
    Not sure if its the same sandman. The one recieving the frame is a mmember here "sandman". The owner of Fox River paintball and a old Agd guy, helped Tom with the videos and such.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 10-04-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Update:

1) Triggers are on there way back to be tapped. Overnighted them at lunch.

2) Ive started assembling panels to frames. Figure it will speed up assembly later and I had alittle time.

If you still owe a balance please get that in soon.

As I start to get everything ready for the return of the triggers I am reminded of one thing that is easy for a M86 user to over look.

The trigger pin is done in the style used on Reflex Customs VER frame.
    That means the pin is held in place with (2X) 4-40 x 1/8" setscrews from the top of the frame. see illustration.
    That means you just loosen the two screws to get the pin out. DON'T hammer it out as you would a intelliframe.

Just so people see have this. It was lost in the thread. (one will be in every box with the frames)

Another great feature cougar...I don't know how many second hand frames I've gotten with the pin in the wrong way and/or scratches around the trigger pin area.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Another great feature cougar...I don't know how many second hand frames I've gotten with the pin in the wrong way and/or scratches around the trigger pin area.
    I cant take credit. Jai is the one who first used it when he designed and made his VER Frames. I just borrowed (with permission) the idea.

Update: the triggers were overnighted to the machine shop over a week ago. Im still waiting for them to come back. Not sure whats going on.

Edit: I was updated that they are in the machine now being tapped.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 10-17-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Some eye candy for those waiting on one of these awesome frames. I didn't think I could like it anymore but now that its anodized I love it even more.

Got mine today. Beautimous!

I still do not have the triggers. All I know is they are being worked on.
    I apologize for the delays again. I appreciate everyone's patience with this. No one is more annoyed then me.
    Im already working to ensure this will never happen again.

I still do not have the triggers. All I know is they are being worked on.
    I apologize for the delays again. I appreciate everyone's patience with this. No one is more annoyed then me.
    Im already working to ensure this will never happen again.
    Should you run into issues with the ano guy again give me a shout, frames I can bang out quickly and with some really fun and interesting colors should people want to do things other than black.
    PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by PrecisionPowder View Post
    Should you run into issues with the ano guy again give me a shout, frames I can bang out quickly and with some really fun and interesting colors should people want to do things other than black.
    I think i will be in contactfor a future project. Im oppening up more to the possibilty of powdercoat.