Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 36

Thread: Is it too soon for a new RTP rail Design?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771

    Is it too soon for a new RTP rail Design?

    RTP Slimline.
    This rail is only 0.97" wide.
    FG Slot
    Full ULE
    Slugs are ready, I could knock these out blazing quick, any interest?
    Would be a limited run, 19 in total. (Last of the slug rails)

    [IMG][/IMG]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,202
    Every time I buy stuff from you... you make me regret it!

    To leave feedback: Click seller/buyers name, Click feedback score, Click leave feedback

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    lol, what do you mean? I thought you guys wanted new stuff?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    904
    kids go barefoot, because you take the money that normally would go to them. you a funds re-allocator

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,856
    That's nice. WTF would I use it on right now.. hmmm..

  6. #6
    My funds are over committed at the moment. I'm thinking "The Mag of Tomorrow" has no rail. lol. Maybe if it had a new feature rather than just cosmetic stuff. Ooooh. or maybe ULE mill it from the side instead of the top. Go straight through to the other side. The Skeleton Rail.

    /RAMBLE
    ignore me. I'm keyboard happy today.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Every time I buy stuff from you... you make me regret it!
    we do. make a high flow On/off ASA ... with optional built in LPR

    EDIT: sleek and low profile with different milling options... also have a built in bottle opener

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    we do. make a high flow On/off ASA ... with optional built in LPR

    EDIT: sleek and low profile with different milling options... also have a built in bottle opener
    Thought you guys wanted a sleeper LPR built into a foregrip.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Every time I buy stuff from you... you make me regret it!
    I'm trying to shake the change out of everyone's pocket to buy a compressor so I can test prototype parts, no air has been a huge hindrance in putting out more technical parts, mainly or currently the LPRFG

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thought you guys wanted a sleeper LPR built into a foregrip.
    We want one built into everything.
    LPR foregrip. LPR Rail. LPR Gripframe. LPR mainbody. LPR ASA. LPR drop. LPR feedneck. LPR detents. All inline sleeper. Get on it will ya'

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Maybe if it had a new feature rather than just cosmetic stuff.
    What kind of features?

    Ooooh. or maybe ULE mill it from the side instead of the top. Go straight through to the other side. The Skeleton Rail.
    I did stuff similar to that years ago to machine out the screw holes on the side of the RTP and Emag rails, those designs got old for me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    302
    I think I actually like this design even more than the armada, and I really like the armada. I owe XMT for two bodies and will need to mount them on something so I might be getting on this train when the tax return comes in So, it's a maybe right now for me.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    We want one built into everything.
    LPR foregrip. LPR Rail. LPR Gripframe. LPR mainbody. LPR ASA. LPR drop. LPR feedneck. LPR detents. All inline sleeper. Get on it will ya'
    Actually some of that is not a stretch and is stuff I have mulled over for years, I have to FIRST get the current LPRFG machined, tested, and on the market (Design is done, programming is done). When it proves out we can explore other options, I have more than a few in mind. But like I said I have to get a compressor, if not, everything sits on the shelf, I have no other viable options.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    I think I actually like this design even more than the armada, and I really like the armada. I owe XMT for two bodies and will need to mount them on something so I might be getting on this train when the tax return comes in So, it's a maybe right now for me.
    If there is at least verbal support of the design I'll make them and put them on the shelf without a preorder. I just need to know if the design is a flop, sometimes it's hard to tell. You guys sometimes surprise me what you you and don't like.
    Last edited by luke; 02-20-2014 at 01:25 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thought you guys wanted a sleeper LPR built into a foregrip.
    Yes, please!

    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    But like I said I have to get a compressor, if not, everything sits on the shelf, I have no other viable options.
    So how much are you short of it?
    Last edited by Laku; 02-20-2014 at 01:28 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    302
    This design gets a thumbs up from me in that case. I also have an RTP rail that needs to make it out your way too to lose some friggin weight.

  17. #17
    i'm in.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    So how much are you short of it?
    Getting closer, any extra $ will go to a Vibratory Finishing Machine and supplies.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,814
    I hate dealing with and listening to those machines. They work great. Just a pain in the butt.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I dated a girl with a few of those.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I hate dealing with and listening to those machines. They work great. Just a pain in the butt.
    At this point in my small shop adding that will not have that large of an impact on the noise. Right now I listen to a phase converter, air compressor, air dryer spitting every 60 seconds and the cnc, all that noise will probably drown out the noise of the tumbler!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    I dated a girl with a few of those.
    LOL, to bad they all don't have finishing machines.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Plymouth, WI
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    At this point in my small shop adding that will not have that large of an impact on the noise. Right now I listen to a phase converter, air compressor, air dryer spitting every 60 seconds and the cnc, all that noise will probably drown out the noise of the tumbler!
    At work I'm always told that the radio is too loud. cant hear it over the machines... the machines are too loud

  24. #24
    I think this design is OK but I would like to see something a little more fluid...

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    I think this design is OK but I would like to see something a little more fluid...
    Not happening on a 1" wide slug sorry.

    I made the 1" wide slugs for another project that didn't pan out do to lack luster support. I don't have the extra material on the slug for sculpting, it is what it is. I won't be making the narrow slugs anymore, I just want to use them up.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    triple mag shop.
    Posts
    3,119
    im committed to deep in other stuff right now. maybe later?

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    First completed rail just came off the mill, looks good, I'm diggin it. These are coming in at 3 ounces on the money, not bad.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out west.
    Posts
    422
    Pics or it didn't happen.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Cottonwood, Az.
    Posts
    5,771
    All done.






  30. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Massassachussessetts
    Posts
    3,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    LPR detents.
    Put me down for four, autococker threaded. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •