Thread: Vertical ss body twist lock barrel??

Vertical ss body twist lock barrel??

I'm new to mags and this forum I did a quick search but I'm not sure I know the terminology enough to find my answer. I'm in the proses of putting together a classic automag and I've purchased a ss emag "stove pipe" body. I was wondering if the twist lock barrel I have on my power feed body will work or if there is another style of twist lock barrel I need to be looking for? Thanks

some barrels, yours may have it,
    have a center feed channel to align the feed hole up with the stovepipe,

my experience is I have had many barrels I have only owned one that has center feed channel,

tunaman has some for sure, I think
    I know I need an aluminum one.
    or you can get doc's twist loc adapter that will do all feed styles and you can screw an autococker barrel into it

Is "doc" a vendor on here?

Quote Originally Posted by lvmymag View Post
    is "doc" a vendor on here?
    mcb

Just to add another option. If you have a TL barrel that you like. You can actually drill a small indention in the slot that actually crosses the feed hole. And make a vertical notch out of what you have. Some use this option. Some prefer the proper TL slot.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Just to add another option. If you have a TL barrel that you like. You can actually drill a small indention in the slot that actually crosses the feed hole. And make a vertical notch out of what you have. Some use this option. Some prefer the proper TL slot.
    please be steady with your tools if you do this or it just ends up looking like worm wood.

Thanks guys.. I'd like to find a proper center feed. But in the event I can not the notch idea seems to be the way to go. Anyone know of any detailed pics of the drill process?

Sorry. Re reading my wording sounds like I'm saying to actually carve the slot. No no no. Most likely one of the slots you already have has a point in it that puts the barrel in the perfect position. All you have to do is drill an indention at that point in the slot that is already there for the TL pin to set in.

Sorry no pix from me. I don't have a vertical body. I've just seen this done a few times.

Some original AGD twistlock barrels have the centerfeed channel, Dye made some, too.

yeah i just use normal power feed twist lock barrels on my vert feed twist lock
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I have notched several barrels, its seriously like a 1-2 minute process. Way easier and cheaper than hunting down a factory center feed barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I have notched several barrels, its seriously like a 1-2 minute process. Way easier and cheaper than hunting down a factory center feed barrel.
    How the heck did you put a smooth strait slot in them without a mill?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    How the heck did you put a smooth strait slot in them without a mill?
    I don't mill a slot. I use one of the preexisting ones and just drill an indent.

Two examples:

An honestly, most times you don't even need to do this. A lot of my barrels fit so tight that they rarely twist from left to right without significant force. The indent is just an extra precaution.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by OPBN; 02-12-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Wow!! Awesome!! Thanks for the pics!!

OK! Yah. That's what I was trying to describe.

I actually have a barrel *like the first example in the pic*that you could do that to if you need a barrel.
    just pm, if interested.