• Both: Vert Adapter and Forgrip Extender

9 24.32%
  • Only: Vert Adapter

14 37.84%
  • Only: Forgrip Extender

0 0%
  • Neither: I don't own a Micromag, but great idea

14 37.84%
  • Neither: I own a Micromag but not interested, thanks for asking.

0 0%

Thread: Micromag Vert Feed Adapter and Forgrip Extender - Anyone Interested?

Cool Micromag Vert Feed Adapter and Forgrip Extender - Anyone Interested?

So back in July of last year I posted this:

Micromag Project

After many months and emails with my machinist I received some CAD sketches:

We tweaked some ideas and finally got a chance to get my hands on the PROTOTYPES:

Here is what they look like on a Micromag:

Again these are PROTOTYPES and I'm still working on the design. I am always open to suggestions on how to improve the design so please feel free to post ideas.

After posting some pictures I was asked if I would sell these parts. I wasn't planning to sell these because I didn't know what the Micromag market was like. So thats where this thread comes in. I need to know how many Micromag Owners are still out there besides myself and Frizzle Fry.

I have a new machinist that can mass produce these, but I need to have some rough numbers before I hand the CAD drawings over to them. So please vote if you'd be interested in the vert feed adapter and/or the forgrip extender or if you think it's a cool idea, but you don't have a Micromag.

Each vote helps me get better numbers on who might be interested. Thanks.

Awesome! I'd be down for one feedneck, minimum - more likely a few!

OOoooH! Me want!

vert feedneck for me

What's the threading on the vert adapter? Might be worth going one step farther and offer anodizing on them. Basic black would probably work since so many came that way.

I like the vert adapter, not much of a fan of foregrip extenders, but that one is actually not bad. I currently don't own a micro (mainly because I hate using elbows) so I don't have a dog in this race.

I think the threading was Impulse/ION. I'd prefer Angel, but I'll live

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    What's the threading on the vert adapter? Might be worth going one step farther and offer anodizing on them. Basic black would probably work since so many came that way...
    I agree. Too many parts come out raw and most people just want a basic black. I will look into that. Might affect price, but still a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I think the threading was Impulse/ION. I'd prefer Angel, but I'll live
    The thread is still being discussed and can be voted on later. I wanted Ion threaded cause there are more options like that Shocktech feedneck on there now. I liked how it was square like the micromag body. Angel feednecks are becoming harder to find.

Awesome work.

These would actually make me want to keep my mm and possibly use it

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    The thread is still being discussed and can be voted on later. I wanted Ion threaded cause there are more options like that Shocktech feedneck on there now. I liked how it was square like the micromag body. Angel feednecks are becoming harder to find.
    Honestly, I would probably go with the Empire clamping style. I don't see that system going away any time soon.

Is the same feedneck mounting system that the Z-Bodies use? If so I'm definitely interested.

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    Awesome work.
    Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    These would actually make me want to keep my mm and possibly use it
    I take that as a huge compliment from you sir, so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Honestly, I would probably go with the Empire clamping style. I don't see that system going away any time soon.
    I was thinking of the clamping style feedneck, but when I held one up to the body it was a lot higher then I wanted it to be. Everyone (including myself) seems to like a lower feedneck so a threaded one seemed the best. I also like options and right now there are tons more Shocker/Ion feedneck options out there then really any other feedneck. They are also cheap. Picked up that Shocktech one for around $12.

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Is the same feedneck mounting system that the Z-Bodies use? If so I'm definitely interested.
    I was thinking that as well. I've seen pictures of Z-Bodies, but never had one in hand. I'm sure it could potentially work but I might need to look at some pictures again.

dude I have wanted this for hella long time.

Very AO-ish (innovative) !

If I hadn't given up on all things Pro Team after the last debacle I'd get one of each.

Good job !

Extremely cool Micromag upgrade, I am down for 4 Vert Feed adapters …

Angel

I voted for both over on mcb.. These look amazing can't wait to see these on the market!

I'd be interested in a feed neck adapter. I've wanted one for a while.
    Micromag rt, 68 ci flatline,12"ss total freak ,warpdrive, 12volt revi.homemade intelliframe.

Just talked with my contact and they are looking to try squeezing in a run of the forgrip extenders, but they are pretty busy right now. The vert adapters are still being designed better. I will update this thread with any news. Keep voting though. Thanks.

Im down for a vert feed neck. Fantastic idea!

Any updates on them?????

Unfortunately no. My wife and I just had our first kid and life has been "fun" ever since. The machinist I talked to about doing these hasn't contacted me back in months. I am going to let things settle at home and then approach a few other machinists about making both.

Glad there is still interest. I have the design 90% finished. Just need someone who can mill them and help me tweak one or two final issues with the CAD file since I don't know how to edit it. If someone knows how to edit a CAD file then please let me know. Thanks.

Luke, paging luke, come in please.

I want both if they come on the market.

Sorry for the Threadomancy,

Recently landed a Gen 4 MicroMag and was researching the idea of the vertical adapter. What ever happened with this project and is there any chance buying/finding something like the one shown above?

Thanks for any responses.

I made the foregrip extenders and someone else is printing the feed but I can't find the thread. I believe they are available somewhere on the MCB forum.