Thread: ego mag build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ego mag build

ok building a ego mag and wanted to used a way cheaper noid than most, if its good enough for a viking or timmy good enough for a ego mag lol

here is what i have
    http://macvalves.com/Portals/97890/docs/43catalog.pdf
    its to big to fit in the grip with the battery but i can maybe fit it in the rail or i will gut a as thru lol i cool with that

things i need to know is what ports to use on the noid... whats in out and vent if any? i go crossed eyed after long reading so hoping if someone can help me some lol

do i just wire the two wires off the noid straight to the 2 on the ego board on my noids both wires r gray? does it matter what wire go where..... there both gray on the noid.

can i just use a 9volt battery and not have to use anything else to not fry the noid or under or over power it?

ty guys

there's one on here too but PBN's search works better

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3518618&page=2

they work fine straight off a 9v Lucky used the 3 port version on there ion mods there a very reliable noid and have a high cycle rate, I have loads of the 5 port ones just never used them it doesn't matter which way you wire the noid leads.

if I can help you anyway feel free to ask

thanks bt alot of the threads here on ao the links and pics dont work....

renie on my noid what ports do i use? I assume in, out/vent?

thanks for the info!!

it should be on the sticker on the side of the noid ill get you a pic of the one I got in 2 mins, I have the 3 port version off an old lucky ion and that uses usually open ports going from port 3 input to port 2 output with continues flow and when activated closes port 2 which on an ion dumps the forward pressure.

you want the usually closed setup so once activated the air flows to your activator, on this noid it would be port 1 input port 2 output.

if your not sure you can always blow through it and test which ports work

on the 5 port version port 3 input is normally closed when activated flows to port but it has a vent on the spool base so what your best setup would be is input port 1 blank port 2 making your output port 4 which in turn makes port 5 your vent

Last edited by renie; 02-24-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    they work fine straight off a 9v Lucky used the 3 port version on there ion mods there a very reliable noid and have a high cycle rate, I have loads of the 5 port ones just never used them it doesn't matter which way you wire the noid leads.

if I can help you anyway feel free to ask
    Renie, did you notice RTLover's spec sheet is only 12 or 24 VDC? It doesn't seem to cover the 5 vdc solenoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Renie, did you notice RTLover's spec sheet is only 12 or 24 VDC? It doesn't seem to cover the 5 vdc solenoids.
    ah.. no I didn't I presumed it was the same as the ones I have

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    ah.. no I didn't I presumed it was the same as the ones I have
    English guys lol!!! Do I need a different noid or something?