Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sk8ermog Project #2 - Gas Through M86 Trigger Frame - DONE!

Cool Sk8ermog Project #2 - Gas Through M86 Trigger Frame - DONE!

So this was a project I have been wanting to do for awhile and I actually almost finished this within a week.
    Here is my original idea pics:

I originally wanted Macro fittings on the outside and inside, but there wasn't enough room. I ended up going with micro line and I had to do some internal milling to make sure the sear didn't hit the air line. I milled the hole on the right side of the frame, but because of the internal plate for a pneumatic kit the hose didn't fit right so I milled another hole on the left side and just went for my reversed Minimag valve. I'm thinking about cutting down the air line, but I only have one long micro line hose so I don't want to shorten it.

I did the "Sleeper" mod myself and I don't think I will ever do that again. I messed up several drill bits to get a hole in my CP on/off at the right angle and large enough for an oring to work correctly. Next time I'll let a professional tackle this mod. I dunked the whole marker in water with air and there were no leaks to my surprise.

Here are the pics of how it is now in working condition:

Just need to get the cross milled into the grips like I wanted and do a nice black or blue paint job. I can almost check this off my list which makes me very happy.

Big shoot-out to cougar20th for getting this M86 frame to market and hooking me up with a great deal for a "blemished" one.

UPDATE 10/13/14

THE SLEEPER PUMP IS DONE!

GO HERE FOR LARGER PHOTOS

Shooting great and looks even better.

If you like this project then check out my other ones.

Sk8ermog Projects:

Project #1: HH Mag
    Project #2: Gas Through Grip Frame (DONE)
    Project #3: Angel Mag (DONE)
    Project #4: Square Mag (DONE)
    Project #5: Hawaiian Mag (DONE)
    Project #6: MicroEmag
    Project #7: Mag Rifle (DONE)
    Project #8: NanoMag
    Project #9: Double Barrel Mag
    Project #10: Coming Soon...
    Last edited by Sk8ermog; 03-20-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Very very cool. Im really glad that worked for you. I like it alot.

I wasnt sure it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

really surprised with all the hoseless guns now nobody has messed with making a new rail and front for the mag valves with o-ring seals - or would pressure be too high?

Styg
    Sometimes It's Good to be EVIL

I think in an alternate universe where we all had infinite free time it'd be great to make a gas through uni frame with matching lpr asa

Start with a banjo bolt and modified valve back, maybe imagine something more refined while working on that...

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post
    really surprised with all the hoseless guns now nobody has messed with making a new rail and front for the mag valves with o-ring seals - or would pressure be too high?

Styg
    Do you think anyone would want to pay $300 for the valve + another god knows what for a rail and body combo only to eliminate $1 worth of hose?

Quote Originally Posted by StygShore View Post

Styg
    I'm sure anything is possible. The Sydarm can take a normal tank through a CA adapter and the air has to go through some metal body parts that are sealed with orings. The classic RT mag used the rail to pass air through it into the valve. I always wanted to use that combo for some cool external hose-less mag. Dang that reminded me of another project and I haven't finished this one. grrrr...

Very nice job.

Flatliner333 did it! Eddie mag

can you do it to a y-frame ????

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Do you think anyone would want to pay $300 for the valve + another god knows what for a rail and body combo only to eliminate $1 worth of hose?

Of course, it's AO....

me me I will.

sk8ermog,
    awesome man.

If it could look like metal like poetry?
    Then I would spend the money, or the time.
    But just to hide the hose? No not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Flatliner333 did it! Eddie mag
    Flatliner sparked the idea for me awhile ago, but RavishingEddie's shocker mag was more the look I wanted to go with.

RavishingEddie's

Flatliner333's

Quote Originally Posted by astr0xz0mbie View Post
    can you do it to a y-frame ????
    Maybe. Biggest issue is how much room the sear needs to move in the frame. Macroline is super thick so you would need to get the line as close to the back of the grip as you can. But anything is possible with mags.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    me me I will.

sk8ermog,
    awesome man.
    Thanks buddy. And if someone produces some for mags we know you'll be first in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    If it could look like metal like poetry?
    Then I would spend the money, or the time.
    But just to hide the hose? No not for me.
    Yeah spending a ton on this project was not my goal at all. I wanted a cheap option to get rid of the line on my pump and the M86 frame seemed like the perfect option. Turns out my idea wasn't as crazy as I had thought.

the uniframe would be your best bet on actually hiding the hose.

the Demon series stuff, is something you should look into.....

if you want a ruff sketch in paint to explain ill do it. just not sure if its possible, even if the Demon frames are made.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-02-2014 at 03:00 AM.

I done a couple of gas through grips top one on a classic, I made as spacer rail which was ported to seal on the rail, purely because I didn't have enough room to position the frame to allow room for the sear.

My other gas through was my ep mag which also used a spacer rail but that was for air transfer purposes only

wow, I never saw that ravishingeddie mag before. looks good with both fittings like that

Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    I done a couple of gas through grips top one on a classic, I made as spacer rail which was ported to seal on the rail, purely because I didn't have enough room to position the frame to allow room for the sear.
    My other gas through was my ep mag which also used a spacer rail but that was for air transfer purposes only
    I always liked your green Classic RT. Did you make a thread about how you got the air through the grip and into the Banjo fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin View Post
    wow, I never saw that ravishingeddie mag before. looks good with both fittings like that
    That was my though too. It's hard to get another fitting in the grip unless he went another way. I've never seen pictures of the inside of his frame.

Sk8ermog: Nice build! When I see these types of mods I always think of the old Elite Frames from overseas. I never understood why they never caught on.

Should be revisited^^^^ AO machinist hello are ya home?

wow that elite frame is awesome!

Wow, another innovative Mag design well over a decade ahead of its time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Wow, another innovative Mag design well over a decade ahead of its time...
    You should see a cutaway of an Armson Semi.

I put an aluminum back on the valve and an Empire spring feed on it. Shoots great! Last part is to get it anodized and install the new blue CCM pump handle I just bought.

I shot it all day long at the MCB SPEW 4 pump weekend and loved it.

Here I am holding it. Bottom Row, Fourth From Left:

great cad work duder

Good work, but the only slight issue i have is that the frame is literally tieing everything together. So much that you have to drop the frame to take out the valve. Though its a minor issue, but to loose the ease of access and modular design is not worth it, IMO. So, any thoughts to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bturkben View Post
    great cad work duder
    That's Cougars frame and CAD file from here: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...igns-M86-Run-2

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Good work, but the only slight issue i have is that the frame is literally tieing everything together. So much that you have to drop the frame to take out the valve. Though its a minor issue, but to loose the ease of access and modular design is not worth it, IMO. So, any thoughts to that?
    The frame is independent enough that I can put a different frame on the rail and run microline up to the valve. In fact I can still use this frame on any other mag and just run Macroline on the outside of the frame. Lots of options.

I like it. Thought about doing it at one point but just putting a hole at the very top and bottom of the grip. Would probably get in the way of the sear though.

At least you can still take the valve off quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Sk8ermog: Nice build! When I see these types of mods I always think of the old Elite Frames from overseas. I never understood why they never caught on.

So Bunny it's funny that you brought up the "45 Elite" cause I've always loved the idea of this frame, but never seen one on sale or in person... till now.

More great pics of this little Euro gem that I just picked up.