Thread: Hypermag frame build on a classic - issues.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hypermag frame build on a classic - issues.

I recently acquired a hyperframe from ska8termog. The frame appears to be working properly but I have been having other issues. I am using an automag classic valve level 7, the on/off that came with the frame and a 3000 psi tank that's putting out about 850psi that is connected with a remote line straight to the valve. My main issue at the moment is the frame fires fine when it isn't gassed up (putting pressure to the sear it clicks once per pull) but when its gassed up it shoots burst while in semi mode and has been venting, at times, out the bolt. I replaced all the O-rings that I thought might be effected; all the on/off O-rings (some twice), the regulator seat and the power tube o-ring. I also tried using different size power tube spacers. The spacers seemed to help a little with the venting (didn't stop it completely) but didn't solve the bursting. Finally this morning after de-gassing the valve (remote line removed) there was still a small amount of air trapped in the valve. When I removed the valve from the frame, the on/off shot out of the valve and hit me in the eye. Apparently I am getting unwanted bounce from the on/off pin but I didn't think the quantity of air that could cause the on/off to be removed from the valve could be stored in the gun after it has been de-gassed. No, the connection to the valve is not one way. Is my issue with the on/off and its O-rings? I am at a loss.

Maybe the Teflon o-ring for the on/off is not meant to be used with the hyperframe on/off? Maybe the fit is too tight (new O-rings)?

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    I recently acquired a hyperframe from ska8termog. The frame appears to be working properly but I have been having other issues. I am using an automag classic valve level 7, the on/off that came with the frame and a 3000 psi tank that's putting out about 850psi that is connected with a remote line straight to the valve. My main issue at the moment is the frame fires fine when it isn't gassed up (putting pressure to the sear it clicks once per pull) but when its gassed up it shoots burst while in semi mode and has been venting, at times, out the bolt. I replaced all the O-rings that I thought might be effected; all the on/off O-rings (some twice), the regulator seat and the power tube o-ring. I also tried using different size power tube spacers. The spacers seemed to help a little with the venting (didn't stop it completely) but didn't solve the bursting. Finally this morning after de-gassing the valve (remote line removed) there was still a small amount of air trapped in the valve. When I removed the valve from the frame, the on/off shot out of the valve and hit me in the eye. Apparently I am getting unwanted bounce from the on/off pin but I didn't think the quantity of air that could cause the on/off to be removed from the valve could be stored in the gun after it has been de-gassed. No, the connection to the valve is not one way. Is my issue with the on/off and its O-rings? I am at a loss.
    You should pm him

There isn't anything wrong with the frame. It seems to be working as it should. There seems to be an issue with the valve that is happening and I was hoping for some input from others.

I have PMed back and forth with him and were are of the same opinion, the frame is fine. I'm sorry if anyway this appeared that there was an issue with him or what he sold me. All is good there. My issues right now is with the valve and what else I might do to get it to co-operate.

Are you using a fresh battery?

Yes. Battery is not the issue. My best guess and its just a guess at this point, its the on/off or the seals with the on/off. I just got back from Exotic Sports and purchased a Reactor. (I assume you were the one who called to order one.) Hopefully the lighter trigger pull on the reactor will work for me.