View Poll Results: Spyder Etrigger or ESP internals

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the Etrigger SpyderMag Frame.

3 8.11%
  • I prefer the ESP SpyderMag frame.

1 2.70%
  • Either would work for me.

33 89.19%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spydermag Conversion Frame

It looks like what everyone wants is a $200 frame instead of a $100. Approximate of course just to make the point.

Add internal air routing and the right ergos and I'd go higher than that

Truthfully I'm not sure if this project will ever come to fruition. After the LPR-FG project and exactly two more, I need to make some very hard decisions about what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    After the LPR-FG project and exactly two more, I need to make some very hard decisions about what happens next.
    This doesn't sound good. Sounds like the end of quality machined items coming from you?

Hope everything is alright.

Quote Originally Posted by TyeStick View Post
    This doesn't sound good. Sounds like the end of quality machined items coming from you?

Hope everything is alright.
    Exactly. Your contribution is much appreciated. I'm pretty sure i can speak for the entire community on this. Being a machinist myself, i have a great amount of respect for what you've done here. I hope you can find a balance of continuing what you have done and being successful and happy.

I think option 2 is the best....

Or perhaps option 1... this seems to be the simplest to manufacture? If all of the rest of the parts can be found and assembled by the customer without too much hassle then that would be the best.

Truthfully I'm not sure if this project will ever come to fruition. After the LPR-FG project and exactly two more, I need to make some very hard decisions about what happens next.
    Oh no......this can't be good

On the other hand, Luke's conundrum might just be what awesome body he wants to make to go with his LPR and vert grip?

The issue is strictly monetary, the investment of time and money just isn't panning out. I'm not looking at closing my shop, I'm just going to have to consider a new direction outside paintball.
    Like Einstein said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

It looks like what everyone wants is a $200 frame instead of a $100. Approximate of course just to make the point.
    taking a poll and listening to what customers want is all good, but when people start adding, oh can you put this, and what about this. now you have a Cadillac instead of a civic and most people will go, oh wait you mean I have to pay extra for all that. if you make a 200-300 item, might get 10-20 people buy it. if you make a 100 dollar item, you might get 30-50 people buying it.

Either way I would definitely by one! I don;t have to have bells and whistles. I grew up in the 90's portion of paintball, not the new age with internal hoses (not dissing). I just want something I can get a Tadao board in it so I can flash it when I need to for tournaments! I've been wanting to use an automag so bad in tournaments. I play in the CFOA 3-man series D5. I've been stuck using my angel a1 fly, and it hates me! It works wonders in woodball but as soon as it gets on an airball field it dies or turns into the best blender of all time! Seriously pm me when you get one running!

You could put me down for 1

I have a an E trigger frame kicking around so I'd be interested in one if it was for around $100.

A 100$ frame you assemble with cheap parts at home is way cool especially when your paintball budget has gone to the dogs due to unforeseen circumstances. yeah I can dig it.:-) I'll be down for one if you go with it.

I really love this idea......hope it doesn't go away. Drop in kits for home is a novice tinkers dream come true.

I hope it doesn't go away too. There are several people out there that make Mag bodies and mech frames but no one that makes electro frames. I'm surprised no one has made a drop-in frame before now.

No post in nearly a month. We can't loose steam on this, it's a brilliant idea.

Echo......

Not forgotten but not at the top of the list, got some other paintball stuff in front of it. I have decided on the route for the frame though.
    However, after I complete the protect I'm on this week I really need to take a little time off for some personal domestic projects that have taken a back seat to paintball for far too long, I just can't seem to do both.

Just trying to keep the warm thoughts alive.

Domestic projects = cleaning toilets?

Lol

I built a 302 ford last year, new transmission, exhaust, drive shaft, etc, for a 68 ford, installed but never fired it, plus various projects around the house and shop.

This is a great idea. Keep it simple.

Ford bow ties and arrow heads

Keep up the good work!