Thread: Anodizing question?

Anodizing question?

I'm going to be sending my Mag to get Anodized soon and was wanting to know what is needed and how far should I break down the X-Valve when sending it out?

Contact the anodizer but pretty certain it has to be fully broken down including separating the power tube. Might contact Tuna to see what he charges to do it.

If you're gonna do it right, take out all the guts and don't send those. Take off the velocity adjuster knob and don't send that. Definitely don't send the on/off. And yes, remove the powertube (if you remove it, you'll prevent getting it back marred up from channel locks or something). There's a thread around here that hill posted in regarding efficiency inserts, describing and showing how to remove the powertube on your X-valve. It's not entirely easy, and you might damage a hard-to-replace o-ring in the process. But in the end, you'll have two pure aluminum parts to send to the anodizer. Make sure to ask them to mask off the internal surfaces and threading where the two halves meet, to keep internal tolerances the same. And make sure that the anodizer knows it's a 7075 alloy.

Quote Originally Posted by superknubbery View Post
    I'm going to be sending my Mag to get Anodized soon and was wanting to know what is needed and how far should I break down the X-Valve when sending it out?
    I always send mine to tuna to get taken apart. and then reassembled after.