Thread: AKA put up for Sale

AKA put up for Sale

http://www.akalmp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Home Page
    AKA IS FOR SALE

Many of you have experienced shipping delays and unanswered messages in recent months. Larry has cancer and we have decided that we can no longer continue in business. Most of you have been loyal fans and customers for a good many years. We thank you for that, now we are asking for your help. If you know anyone or a small factory that would be interested in continuing to manufacture and sell regulators and marker kits we would be interested in talking with them. We have substantial inventory of raw parts, regulator piece parts, and Merlin extrusion and bodies. We also have manufacturing prints. A candidate should be a serious contender, this is not a garage hobby business. Please have interested folk contact our agent, David Ring, at 317-849-6800. In the meantime, we are still open for business so you can order from our webpage as usual.

We have appreciated your orders and your conversations through the years. We will miss that. We hope you have many years of great paintball games in the future.

Sincerely,
    Larry and Eileen Alexander

One of the greats is falling...

This is sad to hear. hope they get a respectable buyer.

Their location is only about 20 min north of me, I emailed them to see if I could stop by and grab parts and perhaps take a few pics.

Hopefully they will find someone that will continue their legacy.

One of the best regulators on the market today and American made. You would think Valken or Kee might be buyers. Be interesting to see a new AKA marker. Prayers out to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by PBLife View Post
    One of the best regulators on the market today and American made. You would think Valken or Kee might be buyers. Be interesting to see a new AKA marker. Prayers out to the family.
    It could be a great business for Inception Designs to relaunch

^^^ Even better...

lets all pitch in 20$ and buy it

damn, sorry to hear that
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

Funny, I was just talking about AKA this past weekend at the field. Alot of the younger guys are of the understanding how awesome AKA was. They just don't realize they were awesome ten years before everyone else. Wish I would have picked up a Merlin kit when I had the chance last year.

As a follow up to this, AKA has found a buyer in Destructive Customs.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4081445