Thread: Tac One body and barrel coverage.

Tac One body and barrel coverage.

Hi guys:
    Looking to add an air cooled machine gun shroud to a barrel on my Tac One project. I know the front of the body extends over the barrel for "some" distance, but how far?

Basically trying to decide the barrel length and shroud length needed for a good fit.

The lapco shrouds are sized based on the typical barrel length they are mated to:

8" inch shroud is actually 6 3/4"

12" shroud is actually 10 1/4"

14" shroud is actually 12 1/4"

18" shroud is actually 16 1/4"

Thoughts?

I don't know the measurement but u could just screw a barrel in then make a mark on the barrel when it bottoms out. Pull the barrel out and measure

I would if I weren't traveling... always get these ideas while my own stuff is 1000's of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywmustang View Post
    I don't know the measurement but u could just screw a barrel in then make a mark on the barrel when it bottoms out. Pull the barrel out and measure

I got ya covered. A stock (uncut) Tac One body will cover up the first 2.5" of a stock Tac One (J&J) barrel. This is including the threads. I used a ruler for that measurement, not calipers. Hope it's accurate enough.

Now, what you need to know, is how the barrels are measured when they give you the length. Is a 10" barrel measured from the absolute back of the barrel, including the threads, or does it measure 10" from where the threads end?