Thread: CCM on/off asa

CCM on/off asa

Anybody have any experience with these?

I like the simple design of them but can't determine if they purge or not. Also open to other suggestions for a dovetail mounted purging asa.

Some have a bleed hole and some don't. The one I had on my S6 didn't have a bleed hole. I like the shape of the knob, it helps you be able to twist it with gloves on or greasy hands.

I did bend the dovetail outwards breaking the ASA off the rail. I fell forward while sliding and core sampled my gun at an indoor field. I think that having the tank on my shoulder at the time cause a lot of pressure and it bent the dovetails causing the ASA to fall off the rail. I don't think any ASA would have survived the impact and pressure.

I like mine, and it does purge.

the 2K4 and later on/offs all purge. the earlier ones don't. the earlier ones look like a a can with no compound angles at all.

personally, i don't like dovetails, since they aren't as strong as T slot ASAs, but its harder and less used to have every frame cut for the T slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    the 2K4 and later on/offs all purge. the earlier ones don't. the earlier ones look like a a can with no compound angles at all.

personally, i don't like dovetails, since they aren't as strong as T slot ASAs, but its harder and less used to have every frame cut for the T slot.
    I'm not the biggest fan of dovetails either but this ASA will be mounted to and NDZ Dropkick so dovetail is my only option.

I already have one dropkick set up with a CP on/off but thought I might want to try something different for this one.

Exclamation Not A Fan

I have a dust black one I believe it purges.

I have nicer ones so its collecting dust.

Every time I look at it I think "golly bob howdy, what in the wide wide world of sports did they make that rail so blasted long for" ?

Its just dumb looking the rail is so long, and then theres the proprietary dovetail like not so smart parts had........

tha bob long Cam Drives are really nice…i have a extra Dust black one i might get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    tha bob long Cam Drives are really nice…i have a extra Dust black one i might get rid of?
    Thanks man but I'm really looking for gloss black. I'll probably just get another old faithful 2K5 CP asa. They seem to be durable and I know they match up well to the dropkick rail.

i have a few gloss black 2K5 CP on/off ASA's as well.