Thread: Sydarm pics request.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sydarm pics request.

Boy I'm just full of questions this week. If you have a Sydarm could I get you to take a pic of the 12 gram piercing pin? I have one and feel that something is missing seal wise but I don't have any reference to go by. It ain't like I can pull up an exploded view to check. So pull the piece out ,point it at your face and snap a pic for me please. Much Obliged and thanks.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Here ya go!

Thanks Levi, I appear to be missing the blue seal above the pin. I guess I'll check with Tuna about a rebuild kit. I'd still be scratching my head wondering whats up if you hadn't shot me the pics. Thanks very much again. I wonder what the "National Security" thing is about finding tech info on the Sydarm. I've hunted through about everything I could think of just to find a picture or a drawing. No luck. So maybe I'll just have to get the parts and shoot my own pics and Maybe be able to help the next guy out. Or at least break the code and divulge state secretes.

Well looky looky, Guess where I found the missing o-ring? While pondering the question of getting a Sydarm re-build kit, I decided to see how much hassle it would be to fix my piercing pin assm. I found the mystery seal under all the other parts. at some time in a past life someone had re-assembled the thing wrong(lack of reliable info I would say) Both blue o-rings were under the puncture piece along with the spacer. Using my vastly superior, genetically engineered, intellect(& Levi's pictures);I placed the 1st o-ring in then the puncture plate then the 2nd o-ring ,followed by the spacer, and guide. Then discovered the reason this is not a recommended DIY fix. That little clip that holds the whole thing together is a pain to get back in. With "Faith, hope and skill" I prevailed. Now the acid test,new 12ie and behold!!! no leaks ! shot great and my Sydarm is no longer a pretty wall hanger. I'm still getting a re-build kit. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then Levi's help was worth a thousand bucks. A shining example of Mag people helping out Mag people. We should have a "feedback" type section just to sing the praises of invaluable assistance. I'm sure there are others out there that have been enlightened by good advice and tech info.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Well looky looky, Guess where I found the missing o-ring? While pondering the question of getting a Sydarm re-build kit, I decided to see how much hassle it would be to fix my piercing pin assm. I found the mystery seal under all the other parts. at some time in a past life someone had re-assembled the thing wrong(lack of reliable info I would say) Both blue o-rings were under the puncture piece along with the spacer. Using my vastly superior, genetically engineered, intellect(& Levi's pictures);I placed the 1st o-ring in then the puncture plate then the 2nd o-ring ,followed by the spacer, and guide. Then discovered the reason this is not a recommended DIY fix. That little clip that holds the whole thing together is a pain to get back in. With "Faith, hope and skill" I prevailed. Now the acid test,new 12ie and behold!!! no leaks ! shot great and my Sydarm is no longer a pretty wall hanger. I'm still getting a re-build kit. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then Levi's help was worth a thousand bucks. A shining example of Mag people helping out Mag people. We should have a "feedback" type section just to sing the praises of invaluable assistance. I'm sure there are others out there that have been enlightened by good advice and tech info.
    Some people have been giving the same Automag advice for the past decade (or two). I just recently noticed this. Soak it all up man.. I have, and it feels great. I don't care automags are terrible inefficient, becauese EVERYTHING else about them is a +1. Customer service, reliability, simplicity, etc. The list goes on, but it really is almost 7am. >_< There are just so few things that go wrong on these guns.
    Thanks,
    Jason
    /endrant

I'm proud to say I'm one one the "Old Dragons" (SCA Term) that try to help with what I've learned over the years. Not saying I'm always right but at least I try to help. And things like the geometry of the trigger rod valve on/off aspects still baffle me. But I try help and I'll keep on as long as I can. I'll be the 1st to say I'm no Tom K but I like to tinker and I always prefer to Tech. my guns myself,then I learn more of the genius of TK. I fore see that in the end, all the flash in the pan new guns will give way to the ever faithful Automag. Electros are fast but so are RT's, alot of guns don't chop but neither does a LVL 10. And if you can tell me of a gun that is as utterly reliable as a Mag, I'll not believe you. Also I will argue that finding a more loyal and helpful group of people then Mag owners, will not happen! I've been up since 3 my bio clock still says it's 6 and my coffee pot is empty. Sick puppy here