Thread: Front Vert Leak?!?

Front Vert Leak?!?

So...

I have a 15 degree vert adapter which I was attempting to mount a lpr (palmers pebble) on to run a cheater and the stupid thing won't seal. It's not the regulator threads as I tried a plain old plug and it wouldn't seal either. It's frustrating, since the adapter is match anno'd and everything I've tried short of a bunch of locktite) doesn't seem to work.

My gut says it has been tapped wrong, as when I pulled out the brand new lpr the threads on it had small nicks in them and I pulled several small slivers of metal out of the threads in the vertical adapter. However, it threads in fine otherwise without a problem.

I've thought about re-tapping the vert with an 1/8 tap at work to see if that solves the problem but was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before?

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    So...

I have a 15 degree vert adapter which I was attempting to mount a lpr (palmers pebble) on to run a cheater and the stupid thing won't seal. It's not the regulator threads as I tried a plain old plug and it wouldn't seal either. It's frustrating, since the adapter is match anno'd and everything I've tried short of a bunch of locktite) doesn't seem to work.

My gut says it has been tapped wrong, as when I pulled out the brand new lpr the threads on it had small nicks in them and I pulled several small slivers of metal out of the threads in the vertical adapter. However, it threads in fine otherwise without a problem.

I've thought about re-tapping the vert with an 1/8 tap at work to see if that solves the problem but was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them before?

who drilled and tapped it?