Thread: VL for grip? picture needed?

VL for grip? picture needed?

Can someone shoot me a picture of the longer of the 2 VL for grips from the bottom? Are they hollowed out or more solid? I have a project. And they are the size and look I'm going for. But hollow or not is the catch?

I had one that looked like this:
    Name:  2742-1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  3.9 KB
    There is a hole in the bottom, but I am unsure of the depth and diameter of the hole.
    Thanks,
    Jason

That's the one I'm needing to know about. Rough Diameter and depth are what I'd be after.

blackdeath1k: Here you go! I had to buy a bunch of these for my Jax Worrior build. If you want just send me $$ for a Small Flat rate box from USPS and it is yours. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Bottom

Depth- 4 1/2"
    Diameter- 7/8"
    Last edited by Bunny; 03-13-2014 at 10:16 PM.

CRAP! Thats what i was afraid of. Hollowed out. I was hopeing against hope that it wasnt that hollowed. Let me think about that bunny. And how much work it will be to sleeve it. Why did you have to buy a bunch? You project looks great BTW.

If you are looking a forgrip like that then check out this thread:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...e-unusual.html

i've got a solid one and they weigh a ton(to me anyway). i'll try to put up a pick tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post

Might help to know what you're looking to do. I needed a solid gas through as I plan to cut it and retap the bottom, basically making it a very short gas through. I bought one of the PTP ones thinking it would work, but they are hollow and what they do is thread the bottom of the non-gas throughs and then put a lug in there that has an NPT hole in the middle. I can throw up a pic if you need.

I'm wanting a gas through like the one in the second pic. Then I want to plug the bottom and rout the air fitting out the back. Also plan on turning the front of my rail in to a gas through rail.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I'm wanting a gas through like the one in the second pic. Then I want to plug the bottom and rout the air fitting out the back. Also plan on turning the front of my rail in to a gas through rail.
    The VL? Or the second Pic in the PTP link? Here is a pic of the bottom of the PTP gas thru:

Name:  DSCN8844.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  20.3 KB

I'm looking for the rough look and size of the above picture. 4.5-4 3/4 tall. And 1 1/4 give or take diameter on handle area.

Working on getting on MCB now to send that guy a pm. The question through me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post

Thanks. Finally pushed me to make an account over there and send a pm. I hope he is one of the obsessed guys that stays up on PMs. My wife would love to have this functioning next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    The VL? Or the second Pic in the PTP link? Here is a pic of the bottom of the PTP gas thru:

Name:  DSCN8844.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  20.3 KB
    If that is the bottom of the pro team grip. Is it just a VL grip with a ported plug? That's kinda how your image looks? If so I'm still in the same place I was this morning. Haha.

CRAP! Nm. You already answered that question. Hmmmm I'm back to using the vl gas through as a sleeve. Not really wanting a volume chamber in there. We will see.

Ask for one of the mini's on the right. I have one of those that I got from Sk8ter and they are a gas through and solid. All it would take is tapping the back and plugging the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post

Ask for one of the mini's on the right. I have one of those that I got from Sk8ter and they are a gas through and solid. All it would take is tapping the back and plugging the bottom.

My problem is I want the phisical size. Length and diameter of the large VL / PTP forgrip. Since I need an arms on elbow. And a 45 fitting anyways. If she gets back to me I'll just buy it all. Make due as is for this weekend. Then do what's needed to it after the weekend.

So if you have said items. I'd just pp you the cash now lol. As I posted over there. Color really doesn't matter. Its gonna get painted with auto paint in a few weeks anyways.

PM'd

Replied

I'll take the forgrip. I may end up making a small tube gas through. And do a sleeve on it in whatever shape the wife wants with delrin later on for weight. Idk.

Oh and sorry bunny. Disregard my pm. Thanks for the offer. An actual gas thru will work better for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Replied

I'll take the forgrip. I may end up making a small tube gas through. And do a sleeve on it in whatever shape the wife wants with delrin later on for weight. Idk.

Oh and sorry bunny. Disregard my pm. Thanks for the offer. An actual gas thru will work better for now though.
    No problem. I'm just glad to see that you got what you needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    No problem. I'm just glad to see that you got what you needed.
    Not exactly the setup I want on it longterm. But a setup that will make the wife happy for Saturday. She hates the hose from the ASA to the valve as much as I do or more.

And since paintball isn't my main expensive hobby. It may stay like this a while.

So dumb question. How much stuff did ptp basically rebrand compared to how much they truly made themselves? I assume the forgrips are VL. And the warps were AGD

a bit late.. but if the hose is the issue... put the output from the ASA on the LEFT side of it... then flip the hose to the rear and loop up to the valve on the RIGHT side.

I find that the most comfy.

DM

Quote Originally Posted by DevilMan View Post
    a bit late.. but if the hose is the issue... put the output from the ASA on the LEFT side of it... then flip the hose to the rear and loop up to the valve on the RIGHT side.

I find that the most comfy.

DM
    In the late 90s I think I tried every way humanly possible to run the line. Always went back to a gas through. Always figured I needed a forgrip. So why not just run the air through it. Then got my rt. I have never removed the OEM hard line from the rail and forgrip. Its just comfy. If my wife could accedentaly snag the hose and rip it out. I assure you she will get it done. So the least amount of hose is preferred with her. And she has already complained. So we juggled it in every configuration possible. And the only way she didn't get hung up in the airline. Is gas thru.

Either I missed something, or Tracy did not inform us here on AO about her warehouse finds...am I this only one disappointed about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratt View Post
    Either I missed something, or Tracy did not inform us here on AO about her warehouse finds...am I this only one disappointed about that?
    She did post a thread in the Dealer forum, but I think that whenever she posts over here on AO she gets swamped with PMs. She has a ton of stuff on her plate already so making a sales thread and keeping track of it is really pretty amazing. But yes she did show AO some love.

Cool...thanks for clearing that up for me. For a second there I thought she didn't love us anymore...