Thread: Bad Venturi bolts?

Bad Venturi bolts?

I have a venturi bolt that I have tried on several valves and even going down to a .215 spacer cannot get this thing to seal up. Were there a batch of bad bolts floating around?

Could be any number of things. It isn't AGD, which makes it suspect to begin with.

If it's an ANS build it should be labelled on the bottom.

A bad batch is certainly a possibility, but unless you have a whole pile that aren't working across all your valves, it sounds like it's just this one.

Assuming different (good) o-rings, it is almost certainly the stem. Maybe pitting or bad tolerance, or possibly even scratching. I've seen even tiny scratches from basic wear do amazing things as far as sealing is concerned.

I'd take a close look and see if there aren't any little scratches or areas that are visibly worn/out of round.

Good luck either way.

I replaced O-rings inside the powertube and with the smallest spacer it gets kinda better, but not so much. Doesn't have ANS anywhere on it, so probably just a knock off. Oh well. Not really worth worrying about, just can't see anything that looks out of spec when comparing it side by side with an ANS one.

most companies couldn't even get the hardness right, hence bolts and sears wiping out easily. Stay away from venture bolts
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    most companies couldn't even get the hardness right, hence bolts and sears wiping out easily. Stay away from venture bolts
    Actually, the only one I've ever had issues with. Probably had 20-30 pass through here and they always aired up and were fine. I will say that most of the ones I remember though were typically ANS.

I had a couple ans back in the day. No issues with function ever. But the bolt lip did wear out fairly quick for what I expected.