Thread: rt classic

rt classic

what did I just put in backwards? marker airs up but the trigger is dead

Did you remember your bolt spring? I ask because I've done that and the bolt kept the sear from setting. And gave a dead trigger.

Did you turn the regulator all the way out?

Is the marker actually airing up, or just the ASA?
    Did you turn up your velocity?

Is the bolt fully reset? You can check this by pushing on the face of the bolt. The sear will click in place if the bolt isn't far enough back.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

turned up the velocity and it leaks everywhere. i'm getting tired of putting kits in this thing.

I had a similar issue recently and managed to not place the sear arm next to the trigger properly.

Did you pull the main pin out of the center of the valve and replace the 2 little Orings and the plastic c clip that are in there? Only time I've had mine literally leak everywhere was when that set of Orings gave out.

if your talking about the regulator pin setup it came apart when I removed it and I had to put a new one in.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    if your talking about the regulator pin setup it came apart when I removed it and I had to put a new one in.
    Yup. That's what I was asking about. My wife's had came apart. It was fun piecing it back together. Works as good as new now though. Odd. Them are the only Orings I've encountered that caused the whole valve to leak basically everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    turned up the velocity and it leaks everywhere. i'm getting tired of putting kits in this thing.
    You shouldn't have to keep putting kits in. With new orings, the marker should be air tight and stay that way for a long time unless you get dirt in the valve or are using an oil that is eating the orings. In a RT classic, the only oring that gets damaged a lot is the banjo oring due to the sharp threads and edges at that location.

update--gave up and shipped it off to Tuna. he reports he tried everything and could not get it to quit leaking and he swapped my on/off into another valve and it worked fine. he suspects a cracked power tube. joy