Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The man with the brass ule body

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Jay, That isnt a ULE body. Its UHE (Ultra Heavy Engineering) Body.
    Yeah, I guess all things considered it is a bit of a misnomer to call it a ule

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    Haha....the body is approx 7oz.

I think its really awesome looking. A copper body would be sweet...I think I would just have that plated though.

Someone send me a solid bar of gold and I will make you a ule body
    Out of it for free if I can have the chips.lol
    Especially as the copper oxidizes(is that the right term?) and turns green...

So a measly 7oz, or less than a half a pound, maybe right at 8 once you add the feedneck and detents. Looks like I better hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by debruynda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    hey, what i say doesn't matter. you asked for it, you paid for it and hopefully your happy with it. what i say doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. so be happy with what you have and tell me to shut up.
    I'm not going to tell you to shut up I don't know you so I honestly couldn't tell if you were giving me some sort of back-handed compliment, either way, it's cool.
    and this is why we need name tags at tunaball, lol. you guys mustve crossed paths a billion times last year... wouldn't be surprised if you downed some beers together heh

debruynda you just described basically the exact cocker I've wanted since 96 or 7. Except no AA comp air tank. I want a nitroduck megareg on it

I'm using A OEM classic rt now. So the weight of this wouldn't phase me at all. And it is unique. So I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    debruynda you just described basically the exact cocker I've wanted since 96 or 7. Except no AA comp air tank. I want a nitroduck megareg on it

I'm using A OEM classic rt now. So the weight of this wouldn't phase me at all. And it is unique. So I love it.
    They are still out there The guy that owns the field I play at has one that is just sitting around. I've been after him to sell it so if he does I'll let you know and you can have dibs on it.

Thought i would throw a pic of this up here so you guys could see it. I was hired to make a ULE body out of
    solid brass for an AO member. Nothing ULE about this bad boy!

So how did you handle the impact of the bolt?
    enough cycles and the breach may start getting mushroomed or deformed...
    Stainless Steel Bushing?

using a high alloy brass with a stainless bushing. not as soft as you think.

using a high alloy brass with a stainless bushing. not as soft as you think.
    bushing for what?
    c-clip and ring?
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 03-19-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Classic mag with AA. Apocalypse and 114 tank. SS boomer. Brass would seem light.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

They are still out there The guy that owns the field I play at has one that is just sitting around. I've been after him to sell it so if he does I'll let you know and you can have dibs on it.
    I've not really been searching because I'd be tempted to buy. As much as I've always wanted one. Mags are so much easier to mess with. Hence using mags since the mid 90s instead of cockers.

Name:  mag.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  23.6 KB

Well here it is.

Just shot it...what can I say XMT. I love it. Looks real good on the black mag too

It is noticeably heavier when compared to my ule rt pro body you did but once mounted it is feels really well balanced.

needs a ule rail with the milled slots filled with a burly walnut inset
    Name:  automag_stock.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  31.0 KB

looks like it should have a steam whistle feed neck.

So if i send you the "cannon" project I've had for ten years you might could make me one of these? Cast brass and of large enough dia.? started to dress it down then lost use of the leathe due to the company shuting down. Cannon got benched so now maybe I got a use for this chunk of brass? Maybe a minimag style body with Dallara tail? Long brass sluggo? Brain damaged hallucination?LSD Flashback? "Charlie's coming!!!!" You still haven't said if you'd take on an alum. sydarm body project either.
    Last edited by Runamok; 03-19-2014 at 04:13 PM.

[QUOTE=Runamok;Brain damaged hallucination?LSD Flashback? "Charlie's coming!!!!" You still haven't said if you'd take on an alum. sydarm body project either.[/QUOTE]

HAHA man thats great! LOL I would be willing to take on a project for you after i get the production bodies done + take a short break. Im not sure if the sydarm project is possible....the way that i want to do it anyways.

Name:  mag.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  23.6 KB

Well here it is.

Just shot it...what can I say XMT. I love it. Looks real good on the black mag too

It is noticeably heavier when compared to my ule rt pro body you did but once mounted it is feels really well balanced.
    polish that thing and take a better picture. it deserves to shine

My first paintball marker was a Rap4 T68. Compared to that, playing with brass is not that bad. You have to keep in mind that it's not solid on the inside.

Here is my mirror polished T2 for reference:

You honestly don't notice it when playing. Granted the bulk of my weight sits in my frame which makes it very stable in my hands.

If there was a small run of these mag bodies, I might be interested in picking one up.
    Last edited by D3adpool; 03-20-2014 at 03:55 PM.