Thread: Automag Setup

Question Automag Setup

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  19.5 KBHey everyone, I am a new mag owner. I've always wanted one since I started the sport and finally picked one up used. my current setup is a power feed left (currently seeking a center feed or power right). I also have a foregrip (reg non gas-thru?) which is my question.

in looking at the various styles of mags...I see some with the long macro line from valve to asa (my current setup), then I see some with macro from valve to top of reg and then bottom of reg to asa. how can I convert my setup to the latter?? does it just involve putting macro fittings into the reg or are certain regs not capable?? my foregrip has openings for macro fittings.. does this make it a reg??
    Last edited by pirce39; 03-16-2014 at 04:14 PM.

What you want is a gas thru foregrip. I think that is what you have there. A regulator is going to have an adjustment screw in the bottom. Unscrew the foregrip off of the vert asa, can you blow air freely through it in both directions? If so, then its a gas thru.

And yes, all you need is two more macro fittings and to cut your hoses to the proper length.

Fore grips aren't usually regulators as mags already have built in regulators and adding more will only starve the valve. What you're probably looking for is gas trough fore grip.

Something like this?

yeah that's what I figured..is velocity/consistency compromised or improved with the gas thru setup as opposed to straight from valve to asa?? do you know any good sites for mag parts??

laku, yes that is what I'm looking for- a gas thru fore grip not a regulator. so all the gas thru does is create more convenient macro steel hose line from valve to asa??

There is no effect on performance one way or the other.

For mag parts you can contact tunaman and there is always Airgun Designs http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pirce39 View Post
    yeah that's what I figured..is velocity/consistency compromised or improved with the gas thru setup as opposed to straight from valve to asa?? do you know any good sites for mag parts??
    Tunamart and AGD, both are linked at the top of the page. Then you can have your basic gas trough from CP at various stores and old used stuff can be found from http://www.baccipaintball.com/

You only loose some more air on degassing but that's about it.

laku, yes that is what I'm looking for- a gas thru fore grip not a regulator. so all the gas thru does is create more convenient macro steel hose line from valve to asa??
    Yep, its just a foregrip with an internal air passageway.

thanks for the resources Levi!

thanks for all the help I think you've answered all my questions regarding the gas thru grip. I also plan to get the ule vert feed from agd..that will be compatible with my current setup right?? that would be great bc then I can use my cocker barrels.

^Yes to the ULE body question. A/C threaded as well, as you mentioned.
    Thanks,
    Jason

Nice Mag dood!!!! welcome to tha insanity known as Mags…haha

you can always gut tha Reg and use it as a Gas thru…I've done that on tha last 2 Mag builds just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    Nice Mag dood!!!! welcome to tha insanity known as Mags…haha

you can always gut tha Reg and use it as a Gas thru…I've done that on tha last 2 Mag builds just for kicks.
    hey reebs, I'm pretty sure that what I have is a fore grip not sure it's a regulator, what do you think??
    hey laku or anyone that can answer, what mag is the black one above?? looks new, anywhere they sell them new?? doubt it..

hey reebs, I'm pretty sure that what I have is a fore grip not sure it's a regulator, what do you think??
    hey laku or anyone that can answer, what mag is the black one above?? looks new, anywhere they sell them new?? doubt it..

it mite be a PE reg or a PE gas thru? its hard to tell from tha pic?

yeah man you can still buy a new Mag from AGD or Tunamart…both of their links are at the top of this page!

A good close up pic of it would help. And like Reebs says, you can always take the guts out of a reg to make it into a gas thru.