Thread: Emag Xvalve Problems

Unhappy Emag Xvalve Problems

I dabbled in automags about 8 years ago but had to sell mine for college money and all that. I just purchased an emag with an xvalve installed on it.
    The person I purchased it from was not very honest about the whole working part! I don't know a ton about emags, I just always admired them. Here is the problem, I air up the
    valve and I am getting resistance from behind the trigger, mind you I am in mechanical mode. I then pull the trigger as if to discharge the marker, but nothing happens and it seems like the
    trigger hits a stop. I put back on the original emag valve and the marker works great. I'm not quite sure what is going on, the marker has the stock rail, and the polished CF body. BTW, I have tried the emag on/off in the Xvalve to no avail. I'm sure it is something simple, but I'm not certain what it is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Take the valve apart to see what's in need of replacement and to clean it up properly.

Here's picture of all the parts and how they go together.
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...xploded-(Here)

Thanks I will try to take the valve down and see if it is correct, I tried changing velcoity, but had no effect on it.

Can you blow air through the X-valve from the air inlet? That will indicate if the air passages are open.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ok here is what I have done, I have taken the valve completely down and lubed everything. Yes I can blow air through the passage and if i hold my finger over the on/off hole, air goes out the end of the tube like it should. My best guess it that the length settings on the emag sear are incorrect. Does anyone have the correct lengths on those? Or know where I can find them.

If you cant get it going, send it here and I'll fix it for you.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    My best guess it that the length settings on the emag sear are incorrect. Does anyone have the correct lengths on those? Or know where I can find them.
    I would say you are correct. The plunger is probably bottoming out on the solenoid. The distance from the end of the plunger to the outer edge of the clevis is 3.005".

If you can't measure the plunger length, you can still make it work. Adjust the plunger so that it bottoms out with the top of the sear being flush with the inside of the body.

Got it fixed, thanks for the help