Thread: trigger rod issue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

trigger rod issue?

hey guys hope you can help. I switched from a classic frame to an intelliframe. my gun will fire once and no more. still has pressure( it actually popped the macro line). I'm guessing it's a trigger rod issue. first question is should I try this myself or send it to agd or tunaman. My second question is if macroline is safe to use with a a ninja shp reg. Looking forward to the responses

If it works with one frame, but not the other, then it is probably and adjustment issue. Put the safety on and air up the gun. Hold the trigger against the safety and adjust the trigger rod so that it is almost touching the back of the trigger (approximately a credit card thickness). It should work if adjusted like this.

Your macro line may not have the required rating. Most macro line is only rated for 300psi operating pressure with a 900psi burst rating. You need a good quality macro line. These can have a burst rating of more than 2500 psi. Even then, you need to watch for scratches or kinks that may compromise the integrity of the macro line.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

athomas thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot. It already doesn't work so I guess I have nothing to loose. Is there any certain place to get properly rated macro? Not really wanting to go back to my local shop for it.

I use Parker macro line. A lot of hydraulic suppliers sell it. Check one of your local places.

problem solved..... The frame came with trigger stops and was not allowing the trigger to move the pin far enough. changed the stop and i got it running. My next question is if it is worth it to try to adjust the stop or just leave it. Is it really worth it? I also switched to braided line and quick disconnects. strange looks from folks at the field.

If you have trigger stops, adjust them so that they allow enough travel past the trigger point and enough travel in front of the safety mechanism so that you get the proper trigger movement to fire the gun in all game situations and will allow for slight changes in valve and sear interaction. The trigger stops will give you a more precise trigger feel and by limiting the trigger movement, will allow the on-off to return the sear to a reset position faster theoretically reducing short stroking situations. I say theoretical because short stroking is more dependent on your trigger pull and release style than the time to move the on-off and sear. But by having trigger stops, you can limit your travel past the firing point and allow you to pull and release the trigger in shorter movements which often prevents you from over pulling and holding the trigger longer than needed.