Thread: how to service rt regulator valve pin assembly?

Cyco-Dude Guest

how to service rt regulator valve pin assembly?

ok, so i've got an automag rt classic, and the o-rings on the regulator valve pin assembly are toast. what's the trick to servicing this part? i guess i just need to remove that split metal ring on the end, then slide everything off the pin. i just don't want to break it, so i figured i'd ask here for some tips first.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    ok, so i've got an automag rt classic, and the o-rings on the regulator valve pin assembly are toast. what's the trick to servicing this part? i guess i just need to remove that split metal ring on the end, then slide everything off the pin. i just don't want to break it, so i figured i'd ask here for some tips first.
    You don't even have to take that metal circlip off. Just hook the first oring with the pick and take that off, then hook the split ring and take that off, then the last oring the same way. You can install the orings in reverse order by just rolling them on. Don't distort the split ring too much or you will need a new one.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Cyco-Dude Guest
    thanks tuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    thanks tuna.
    No, THANK YOU, Tunaman...you da man! My really old r/t classic was leaking out the back, despite changing almost every o-ring. I was under the impression I had to replace the complete valve pin assembly. I just followed your advice and my r/t classic is now air tight and consistent.

The only mishap was the accidental impaling of my index finger with the dental pic. This mag now has my sweat, tears, and blood on it.

Thank you for saving me $27, not including tax and shipping! I was about to order the valve pin assembly this weekend, until I saw this thread. Serendipitous!

Here she is, r/t'ing since 1996. Tuned Level X inside. OTP barrel is .686 and very quiet.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ritual View Post
    The only mishap was the accidental impaling of my index finger with the dental pic.
    i've done that before lol. another old school 'mag, back in action. two more years until it's 20th anniversary.

the original RT's were also the fastest gun ever made...still to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Yup. I love mine with its OEM 0.744 on off pin

I am having trouble with the same part. Just looking at the stock photo of the assembly, is there a spacer of some sort (is that the split ring mentioned above?) between the two orings on the assembly? If so, looks like mine is missing that piece.

Quote Originally Posted by stukam17 View Post
    I am having trouble with the same part. Just looking at the stock photo of the assembly, is there a spacer of some sort (is that the split ring mentioned above?) between the two orings on the assembly? If so, looks like mine is missing that piece.
    yes. The split ring is between the 2 orings. It is included with the RT parts kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    My 1996 is fully operational and leak freak, thanks to your advice on rebuilding the pin valve assembly. Here she is testing an Inception Designs Pico loader with halo b board (sound activated.) Ninja SHP reg tested at 1100 psi output and tuned Level X, chuffing at end of video.

Look Ma, no chops!