Thread: Egomag help

Egomag help

I'm new to the concept of egomags, but I think I have the patience, and money to make my own. I'm missing one key step though. how does the ram trip the sear? The trigger seems to push the seam up, while rams seem to move horizontally. Does the ram need a specific tip to move the sear? I can't seem to find any good picture concerning this aspect of the build.

Also any suggestions on solenoids and rams would be appreciated. I know the standard noid is a SMC S070C-SDG-32, and the MPA-3 Actuator is common.This solenoid is small but seems fragile, and limited. I know the mpa-3 has to be modified pretty heavily. I'm not afraid to do this, but can pay $20 to not have to I'm going that route.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a rail? I've only ever had stock rails on classic mags, and my emag is a unibody ptp.

Also Do eyes add anything to a lvl 10 gun? They seem kind of redundant. I mean the concept is very cool, but more complex is rarely better.

The ego grip frame can be used to trigger either an electric solenoid to push the sear, or an electric solenoid valve to allow a ram to push the sear. I think most of the egomag builds use a ram to push the sear. Any ram with a large surface to contact the sear arm will work. The solenoid only has to control low pressure at about 50psi so it can be quite small.

Any rail can be used. That is your preference. I like the small size of the classic rail.

Eyes do add consistency, even on a level 10 gun. If the gun doesn't fire until the ball drops, it prevents the lost time waiting for the bolt to reset. With no eyes, if your hopper slows for some reason and your gun is turned to a ramping mode, the level 10 will protect you from chopping balls, but the gun will consistently be chuffing and coughing if the next shot is attempted before the ball is dropped into the breach. Having the level 10 with the eyes is ultimate protection. The eyes allow the gun to fire using optimum timing, and the level 10 prevents chopping in instances where the hopper empties and balls bounce in the feed tube and breach. Eyes alone won't prevent chops in that case.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Is the sear modified? I see from the picture archive that the clevis and trigger rod are generally removed. Are there any other common sear modifications?

Does anyone know who I could get to bend hard lines for me? I may run external hard lines if I can't come up with a good way to hide them.