Thread: Paint not feeding properly ReTro Valve with power feed body.

Paint not feeding properly ReTro Valve with power feed body.

I tested a few of my markers at the field over the weekend. I was using a power feed ReTro valve with a partially cut feedneck, a custom Halo V35 hopper that was set at the stock feed setting (3 which is 24bps) and a ninja SHP reg with 3 shims installed (1100 output). I'm just getting accustomed to this marker setup and it was the first time that it saw field use. I played two games with it and mainly shot single shots or short slow strings (3-5bps best guess) in the first game and a half. Towards the end of the second game when things got a little more hectic, I started to RT a little faster/longer and found that the paint got jammed in the feedneck right before it would enter the chamber. Instead of rolling off the power tube plug and rolling down, the balls got stuck at the plug. I was able to push the paint in through the cut out in the power feed but after another fast string it jammed again. My best guess, I would say I was shooting maybe 8-10bps at that time. I figured the stock setting of 24bps would be best, in case I figured out the sweet spot and got it rocking. Since I am using a single trigger (a double is on the way), and its still new to me, I know its going to take some practice to find the sweet spot. The sear clevis rod was initially too long and I adjusted it as best I could. Might need some more tweeking there. However, I have to figure this paintball jam first.

Could it be the hopper and a slower feed setting would work better? Speed of 1 (17bps) or 2 (21bps)?
    Could the shortened feedneck be messing with the geometry? Or maybe the power tube plug needs a visit with some sandpaper?

Any advice would be appreciated before I start tinkering with it again. I could post pictures if they are needed. Thanks.

you have probably one of those old type powerfeed plugs that can jam.

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/in...fo&prodId=2093

That's it! What would you suggest to replace it with or modify what I have?

Buy a new one from AGD or anyone else that sells them.

had the same problem with my classic rt and i bought a new plug from AGD and that was all it took

Cyco-Dude Guest
    there are two different powerfeed plug designs, the old one with the flat part and the newer one with a continuous parabolic curve that is supposed to feed better. also, there are other powerfeed plugs some people stick into automag powerfeed bodies that are just flat (i throw those away). here is a pic showing the old and new plugs:

if you need a new plug, you can get one from ansgear, they have cheap shipping for small items. i'd pick up a parts kit too if you don't have one already.

Oh, that link was for the new feed plug. Gotcha. I'll have to check when I get home. I'm not sure what's in my marker. If that's it, $5 seems like an easy fix. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    Oh, that link was for the new feed plug. Gotcha. I'll have to check when I get home. I'm not sure what's in my marker. If that's it, $5 seems like an easy fix. Thanks
    I might have used few more words to describe what the link was for. But then again I'm Finnish.

Yep. It was the power tube plug. I have 2 power feed bodies and lucky me, I have the old style on both! Thanks for the advice, I may have been scratching my head for a little while on this one. Are American youth adapting Finnish language patterns? My teenage son's favorite adjective is "mnay". How was school? Mnay. How was the test in APUSH? Mnay. My best guess mnay = it was alright bet could have gone better I guess I will have to wait and see.