Thread: PTP Micromag leaking

PTP Micromag leaking

Recently picked up a leaky 2nd or 3rd gen micromag. So far I've replaced all o rings with new ones, and lubed the heck out of it. If I fire a hundred or so shots through it, the leak stops for a moment, then begins again. The leak stops when the trigger is pulled, and I've made sure the power tube and on off orings are good. It has a Reactor on/off valve( first one I've seen), and the top seems really worn, so I replaced with the on/off from a Minimag, still leaking. Sear pin was adjusted all the way out to the trigger, so I adjusted it to the credit card gap, still no change. This thing is pretty well used, the only visible wear I noticed that could contribute to the problem is a depression in the body under where the on/off meets the sear. Same diameter as the on/off top. I thought about slipping a washer, brass disc, shim, etc. over the top, maybe that's where it's happening, since the leak is so great it's hard to tell if it's from the body or down the barrel. Any ideas?

If it doesn't leak when you hold the trigger back then get away from the on/off area. Your problem is not there. L10 or L7?
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Old. Foamie bolt shorter than my stock bolts.

does it have a power tube spacer or the spring?

Spacer. It had a blue aftermarket one, I replaced with a stock one. Also has Hurricane reg, not sure if that matters.

If your powertube o-ring really is good, you put in too long of a powertube spacer. Put the blue PTP one back in.

Use a shorter powertube space and you should be good to go.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

If a shoter spacer doesnt do it.....

If you pull the trigger (while aired up) and hold the trigger does it start to spit air (sounds like a lawn sprinkler)?

I put the blue spacer back and the leaking stopped! I can't believe I overlooked that! This is the first Micro I've owned, guess I was thrown off by all of the unfamiliar parts. Until a few days ago I had never heard of a reactor, hurricane mod, or even seen a shorter bolt. I bought my first mag in 2001, and have never really needed to work on it, never failed. Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by G6Zulu View Post
    I put the blue spacer back and the leaking stopped! I can't believe I overlooked that! This is the first Micro I've owned, guess I was thrown off by all of the unfamiliar parts. Until a few days ago I had never heard of a reactor, hurricane mod, or even seen a shorter bolt. I bought my first mag in 2001, and have never really needed to work on it, never failed. Thank you guys.
    Glad to hear it! It's worth nothing that none of those things came stock on your Micro (except possibly the shorter bolt, early Automags came with these), they were all added later by the previous owner.