Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: better for gforce frame RT or ULT on off?

  1. #1

    better for gforce frame RT or ULT on off?

    i bought a gforce frame and the guy said either an rt or ult on off would be better for it. i unfortunately deleted his pm. could somebody confirm which is best?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,962
    RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.
    Why always RT? Is it the reactivity that helps on some level?

    I reasoned ULT would be better cause the force required to trip it would be less. But I have no experience of pneumags so I don't really know. I'm just honestly curious to learn.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Why always RT? Is it the reactivity that helps on some level?

    I reasoned ULT would be better cause the force required to trip it would be less. But I have no experience of pneumags so I don't really know. I'm just honestly curious to learn.
    I read elsewhere that using a ult on a pneumag would allow one to use a lower lpr pressure. I, too, have zero experience with pneumags but am preparing for my first build soon. Please elucidate.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,962
    In many cases the ULT does not have sufficient return force. I have never had any luck getting the ULTs to work in pneumags.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,853
    I'm in no way arguing, but how does that ^^^ make sense? In a Pneumag, the on/off whether ULT or RT is only returning the sear vs returning the sear and trigger on a strictly Mech set up isn't it? I only tried a ULT on a pneud classic which was an epic fail, but assumed it was due to it being a Classic vs RT/X valve. I mean the sear in a Pneu doesn't push the ram back does it?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,962
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I'm in no way arguing, but how does that ^^^ make sense? In a Pneumag, the on/off whether ULT or RT is only returning the sear vs returning the sear and trigger on a strictly Mech set up isn't it? I only tried a ULT on a pneud classic which was an epic fail, but assumed it was due to it being a Classic vs RT/X valve. I mean the sear in a Pneu doesn't push the ram back does it?
    You try it and let me know how you make out

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Florida- Woot!
    Posts
    4,853
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    You try it and let me know how you make out
    Seriously I'm nit arguing. Just trying to figure out why? Don't get all pissy

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    #1 Buck Adams fan
    Posts
    7,962
    Quote Originally Posted by opbn View Post
    seriously i'm nit arguing. Just trying to figure out why? Don't get all pissy

    i am not!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    RT ALWAYS for a pneumag.
    I was going to leave this as good enough.^

    Pneumags are a bit chuffy in the first place. As they get up to speed, the trigger release gets critical as the ram may not snap back fast enough. An RT on/off will help stuff the ram back, whereas a ULT will play along and try to hangup.

    To make one work, you need to tune the ULT, and a qev might help, which is something that we've bypassed with the RT on/off. If you run lower LPR pressure, make sure your reg has good response at that setting ( like a micro rock).. I had a tickler that wouldn't work well at low pressure, so i got nothing from using a ULT. Also, light pressures slow the return of the fabco 3-way. When you can slap together and tune a pneumag with a ULT and a new level 10 bolt all at once, you have certainly passed a test.

    It can be done, but it's not worth much and adds unnecessary complexity.

    ***

    It's one of those things, like the ULT in the classic, just say "no".
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 04-18-2014 at 11:55 PM.

  11. #11
    Excellent reply, and thank you!

  12. #12
    thanks all.

  13. #13
    I have a M90 pneumag set-up by Tuna, and it works great with a classic valve with the classic on\off. I've spent hours doing trail and error with all my valves and on\offs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •