Thread: Have some very exiting and interesting news to share with you guys! IT'S WORTH A LOOK

Have some very exiting and interesting news to share with you guys! IT'S WORTH A LOOK

So I have something I have been working on in between jobs here and there as time allows. A few guys stepped up to the plate and sent me some rotor shells to experiment with to try and make this a reality and something that could be feasible to offer. I am proud to introduce you guys to powder coated rotors (Spires are in the works). Thanks to a special process and techniques I have been working on I can now bring you guys color matched rotors to match any refinish job I do for you. This is 100% powder coated which means it has the same durability that your markers will have

On to the pictures, everyone loves pictures!!!

PM ME FOR CUSTOM POWDER COATING
    Like Us On Facebook

That's awesome! Any issues with it peeling or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    That's awesome! Any issues with it peeling or anything?
    No sir, since it is not paint. It is chemically and physically bonded to the part.

Neat
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

This means that you can do masks?

Quote Originally Posted by BTAutoMag View Post
    This means that you can do masks?
    I will let you know in a week. It really depends a lot on the plastic. I have a pair of masks to test.

More good news. Splashes are here

That is amazing. Kind of shatters everything I thought powdercoating was or could do. So many ideas are coming to me... Now how strong does the plastic need to be? The old non PE Revies had the same rubber/plastic like shell that the Rotor has so do you think it would be possible to splash one of those? I have a few that I would be willing to donate for testing. Also have some spare Rotor shells that might be good for testing. I will PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    That is amazing. Kind of shatters everything I thought powdercoating was or could do. So many ideas are coming to me... Now how strong does the plastic need to be? The old non PE Revies had the same rubber/plastic like shell that the Rotor has so do you think it would be possible to splash one of those? I have a few that I would be willing to donate for testing. Also have some spare Rotor shells that might be good for testing. I will PM you.
    I would need to heat test the revy first before I say either way if it will work or not. I do not need any more rotors to test thank you though. I know spires work as well. I am working on some other pieces as well including a fiber tank which I need to have hydro tested before I give the all clear on that. Steel tanks are no issue. The whole goal of this new work is to blow apart peoples pre conceived ideas about what powder coating can really be.

I have some old Revy shells I will send you when I send up my gun. You can do whatever you need/want to do to them.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I have some old Revy shells I will send you when I send up my gun. You can do whatever you need/want to do to them.
    Fantastic. What are you putting on the ripper?

Looking good! This may be a dumb question, but is the coating put on the outside or inside of the part? I remember having SPD match a euro xmag splash on a halo b shell that came out okay. The only problem was the finish was applied on the inside of the part and got marked up when I cleaned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Looking good! This may be a dumb question, but is the coating put on the outside or inside of the part? I remember having SPD match a euro xmag splash on a halo b shell that came out okay. The only problem was the finish was applied on the inside of the part and got marked up when I cleaned it.

The coating is on the outside, there may be a bit of wrap around on the inside from the flake but I did not coat the inside of them on purpose.

Stand by for pictures Sunday afternoon, first coat is done on yours. Now the tough part