Thread: boo yah electronic trigger frame on automag classic?

boo yah electronic trigger frame on automag classic?

Will this trigger frame work on my automag classic with no modification?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...970891&alt=web

Seller made note of maybe needing a new on off assembly. Dont see how that could matter.

Are there more parts I would need to make it work, like a new sear?

Also, he says that the board has been swapped out with a spyder one. Is that better or worse?

Generally, I guess I am asking if this is a worthwhile buy.

I am not familiar with the BooYah frame but I'll assume it works similar to the Hyperframe. I picked up a hyperframe a few months back and have had ample time to play around with it. Instead of moving the sear rod back when pulling the trigger, a solenoid will trip the sear for you. A hyperframe's solenoid is not strong enough to engage the on/off pin in a standard on/off assembly. A standard on/off pin is quite large when compared to an RT pin. They were made with a special on/off in which not as much pressure is needed. I saw this ad on ebay as well. He also states he doesn't have the original on/off that came with the frame. An RT on/off has a smaller pin and thus will not need as much pressure to engage. I had problems getting my hyperframe's on/off working properly with my set-up and eventually went with an RT on/off. If he had swapped the board out with something more modern that included more modes, I'd consider it a bonus but the seller stated that the only modes were semi, 3 round burst and full auto. So its probably an older board. Most likely the original board was ruined somehow (maybe a battery leaked?) and he replaced it with whatever he could get to work. The custom trigger guard and trigger could be a bonus but that's if they work well. It appears that someone had an extremely difficult time getting that trigger installed (I noticed a lot of dings on the frame). My apologies if this belongs to someone on this site but I would start low on the OBO because of all the unknowns.

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    I am not familiar with the BooYah frame but I'll assume it works similar to the Hyperframe. I picked up a hyperframe a few months back and have had ample time to play around with it. Instead of moving the sear rod back when pulling the trigger, a solenoid will trip the sear for you. A hyperframe's solenoid is not strong enough to engage the on/off pin in a standard on/off assembly. A standard on/off pin is quite large when compared to an RT pin. They were made with a special on/off in which not as much pressure is needed. I saw this ad on ebay as well. He also states he doesn't have the original on/off that came with the frame. An RT on/off has a smaller pin and thus will not need as much pressure to engage. I had problems getting my hyperframe's on/off working properly with my set-up and eventually went with an RT on/off. If he had swapped the board out with something more modern that included more modes, I'd consider it a bonus but the seller stated that the only modes were semi, 3 round burst and full auto. So its probably an older board. Most likely the original board was ruined somehow (maybe a battery leaked?) and he replaced it with whatever he could get to work. The custom trigger guard and trigger could be a bonus but that's if they work well. It appears that someone had an extremely difficult time getting that trigger installed (I noticed a lot of dings on the frame). My apologies if this belongs to someone on this site but I would start low on the OBO because of all the unknowns.
    that was extremely informative. Thanks for the write up. I think that I am going to look for one that is less modified.