Thread: Classic RT body help

Classic RT body help

So I want to get a new body for my classic RT because I really dislike not being able to find barrels and I really would like to have a low rise feed neck, but I cant help but find that all the aftermarket bodies I can find do NOT fit the classic RT. I realize it has to do with the classic RT rail, but I guess what I am asking is are there aftermarket bodies? or what are my options to achieve my goals of better barrel selection and a lower feed neck rise without breaking the bank.
    Glad to be back

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...-ULE-RT-Bodies

he can make it for the classic, I have one and its SEXY, PLUS u can anno it to match and it lighter!!!

any chance you have a picture of yours? and what did it run you?

mine looks like the second pic on the first post of the link i gave u, i think he modded it for like 10 0r 15 $ more. ask him nicely he will hook u up

nice, so you kept the classic rail? did you keep the classic fore grip as well?

yes the classic rail, but no i have a emag battery pack as my front grip..... its empty but i like the size. that link is what u need...

yeah thanks, I was just wondering what worked for you personally.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    have you considered getting a twistlock to autococker adapter? and what barrels are you trying to find? there are tons of automag barrels out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    have you considered getting a twistlock to autococker adapter? and what barrels are you trying to find? there are tons of automag barrels out there.
    Then you could try to get one of Luke's last vert mods, if he has one left (sniff).

Not only can you keep your stainless body with an offset vert feed, but I find that they feed very well.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 04-29-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    what feedneck is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    what feedneck is that?
    Luke's vert mod with an ego (5) feed neck.

Thanks Cyco and Spyder! I honestly don't know what to get for a barrel besides I need to get rid of the stock one, its been quite some time since I played. Should I just go with a barrel kit and if so which kind? That vert mod looks great! I have a power feed neck, so that would get cut down?

get a doc barrel adapter and get a barrel kit. this way u can keep the SS body and switch it to cocker threads

Quote Originally Posted by paintball4lyfe32 View Post
    Thanks Cyco and Spyder! I honestly don't know what to get for a barrel besides I need to get rid of the stock one, its been quite some time since I played. Should I just go with a barrel kit and if so which kind? That vert mod looks great! I have a power feed neck, so that would get cut down?
    Luke takes off the power feed and welds his own adapter on, so consider which side of the marker it would end up on. Besides left and right hand/eye, you can see from that pick that I tend to lean the top of the marker to the left; when I play it may go over further. It fits my right grip behind a bunker very well. When I tilt it the other way on the left side, it still feeds well. You get used to the little weight shift and it gives you some extra feel about what is left in your loader. I actually miss it when I play with a straight vert feed.

Between adapters and mods (and polishing), the cost can start to weigh against the price of something like XMT's bodies. A lot of it is just pure preference.

thanks again RT and Spyder! what barrels/ barrel kits are the go to now-a-days? also does anyone know the deal on the Q-loader?

q loader is pretty sweet there is a set up on the FS threads here now for a good price. barrel kits r on taste and style. i have a 5 piece with different tips lengths and back bore size. some just run just one barrel wit freak sleeves like the deadly wind carbon fiber barrel. for me different days and fields i want different sizes of barrels. i think i have a 100$ in my kit with a sweet case