Thread: trigger issues?

trigger issues?

Hey everyone.

I just finished rebuilding my old automag classic and installing lvl10 and I have run into a hickup.

When I pull the trigger nothing happens. there is tension on it, but the trigger doesnt break and marker doesnt fire.

also, the marker gasses up just fine with no leaks.

any suggestions are appreciated.

L10 carrier too tight? Maybe oil?

Try to reset the bolt by pushing it back with a swab to see if it resets.
    Forest Gump of paintball

Turn velocity up. Level 10s need more pressure.

...and follow this (https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...97#post2828797) to tune it properly from there.
    Last edited by nak81783; 05-02-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Added link to athomas' guide
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Is there a credit cards thickness gap between the trigger rod and trigger? When you air it up can you hear it click? That's usually the sound of the sear resetting.

The level 10 bolt needs more pressure to push the bolt and fire, even with the same gold bolt spring. That means you need to increase the velocity setting just to get back to the same velocity setting as before. However, the gold spring will usually work in most instances. If you installed a stiffer spring, then the pressure requirement is even greater and almost always requires an increase in the velocity setting just to get the gun to fire. If you turn the velocity up and the gun doesn't fire, then your carrier size is probably too small. That's assuming your gun was working and fired properly with the level 7 bolt.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Accent and I worked on this over chat last night. We have a working gun now. :-)

What was the issue ?

Thanks to dayspring I had a great day at the field today. I had the marker turned way up when I chronoed it. Like 350+ bps. Turned it down and everything worked as expected. Antichop takes maybe a quarter of a second to reset. Does that need to be tweaked?

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    Thanks to dayspring I had a great day at the field today. I had the marker turned way up when I chronoed it. Like 350+ bps. Turned it down and everything worked as expected. Antichop takes maybe a quarter of a second to reset. Does that need to be tweaked?
    Add a shim or two and it may help. You may be just on the edge of the vent/non-vent threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    Turned it down and everything worked as expected. Antichop takes maybe a quarter of a second to reset. Does that need to be tweaked?
    The only tweak would be to change the carrier size to the next larger one. If the next larger one leaks, then you are using the correct one now. If the bolt is not sticking when you shoot or when the bolt hits something in the breach then you are probably good to go. Use it for a while and it will wear the sealing edge of the oring smooth. That wear may be just enough to help with the reset speed.