Thread: Need Pump Mag Wave Springs?

Need Pump Mag Wave Springs?

Couple years ago I was really doing some homework trying to find a suitable replacement wave spring for my pump mag. I thought the Smalley springs were a little too brittle and only really worked well with a beat up main spring.

What I found was Lee Spring, and their Redux Wave Springs. They're made from Stainless Steel and feature an additional half wave per turn vs. the Smalley wave springs that are suggested on the Tech Rat's Nest. I've found them to be much more reliable and have no issue functioning with a strong/new Gold Main Spring.

Part number is LW 100 18 0250S. Minimum QTY was 10 @ $6.00 a piece when I purchased mine a few years ago. Check out leespring.com

Hope this information is helpful to you maggots!
    Steve Shuey , Team Crimson Reign

very helpful indeed, thanks steve.

i don't suppose you have a lead on any production runs of pump kits coming up? it seems like there might be enough interest nowadays, but maybe i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    very helpful indeed, thanks steve. i don't suppose you have a lead on any production runs of pump kits coming up? it seems like there might be enough interest nowadays, but maybe i'm wrong.
    Rainman did one last year. You could check if he has any left.

There was talk of Cerberus doing another run and I would honestly wait for them or find a used AGD kit. I've heard Rainman's kits are very hit or miss and the fit/finish isn't that great, plus they just look like crap by comparison...

I'm not impressed with my Rainman kit. I'd love to see somebody remake the AGD kit.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I'm not impressed with my Rainman kit. I'd love to see somebody remake the AGD kit.
    never liked my rainman kit either.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Good info.

Out of curiosity, can someone that has one of these wave springs take a picture of it, I dunno, sitting on top or beneath a bolt spring? Is the inner diameter too large to back a bolt spring?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I'd love to see somebody remake the AGD kit.
    That would be pure awesome, I love my AGD pump kit, even if it was a blem. Guy had a empire sniper at the field Sunday and we traded markers for a comparison and when he handed it back to me he wanted to know where he could find a AGD pump kit for his ole mag, said he would sell his sniper to get one lol