Thread: lock tight

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lock tight

Yes I read the sticky lol

In your opinion what is best on a t stock with remote? I tried blue but it didn't hold and came right off. I need something that will hold strong but not jb weld strong lol so it's a 45 going into a remote nipple...lmk ty
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-30-2014 at 09:57 AM.

red requires heat to loosen and green is permanent.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    wait, why do we need lock tight for an air fitting? won't teflon tape work or am i missing something?

i use thread sealant for fittings. i used to use tape but decided i did not like the way it looked. the lock tite thread sealant is not a permanent adhesive.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i use thread sealant for fittings. i used to use tape but decided i did not like the way it looked. the lock tite thread sealant is not a permanent adhesive.
    i hear ya...i take an xacto knife and slice the roll of teflon tape in the middle. that way it's only 1/4" wide, and mostly hidden once the fitting is installed. thread sealant would be better, but i use what i have.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    In your opinion what is best on a t stock with remote? I tried blue but it didn't hold and came right off. I need something that will hold strong but not jb weld strong lol so it's a 45 going into a remote nipple.
    so i'm curious, why do you need something that holds strong? what's the issue that screwing the fitting into the stock isn't secure enough? do you have a picture? i'm just trying to understand your problem better.

i want to get this locked in place and just tape it will move with force....
    Attached Images Attached Images