Thread: lock tight

lock tight

Yes I read the sticky lol

In your opinion what is best on a t stock with remote? I tried blue but it didn't hold and came right off. I need something that will hold strong but not jb weld strong lol so it's a 45 going into a remote nipple...lmk ty
    Last edited by Bunny; 05-30-2014 at 09:57 AM.

red requires heat to loosen and green is permanent.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    wait, why do we need lock tight for an air fitting? won't teflon tape work or am i missing something?

i use thread sealant for fittings. i used to use tape but decided i did not like the way it looked. the lock tite thread sealant is not a permanent adhesive.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    i use thread sealant for fittings. i used to use tape but decided i did not like the way it looked. the lock tite thread sealant is not a permanent adhesive.
    i hear ya...i take an xacto knife and slice the roll of teflon tape in the middle. that way it's only 1/4" wide, and mostly hidden once the fitting is installed. thread sealant would be better, but i use what i have.

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover
    In your opinion what is best on a t stock with remote? I tried blue but it didn't hold and came right off. I need something that will hold strong but not jb weld strong lol so it's a 45 going into a remote nipple.
    so i'm curious, why do you need something that holds strong? what's the issue that screwing the fitting into the stock isn't secure enough? do you have a picture? i'm just trying to understand your problem better.

i want to get this locked in place and just tape it will move with force....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

i'm guessing the brass 45 fitting---brass and alu. neither of which is very strong. i'd try the red lock tite.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    hmm...i think i know what the problem is. you want it pointed in a certain direction, but when it's like that it's not secure? common issue with fixed fittings...it's why i always get extra. the threads are all cut differently, and some line up better than others.

for whatever it's worth, palmers pursuit shop uses epoxy. says it seals ok, and flakes off when you want it to come off.