Thread: Paintball tank thread?

Paintball tank thread?

Well I needed to have my steel tank hydro tested so I took the valve out. It was a chore to removed but I got it out. The threads are intact. So I got my new reg today and went to thread it on but it will not thread all the way down. So I got the old reg and tried that....same thing. Looks like they used red locktite at the factory. So could I run a thread chaser to clean the threads? Or is there more going on?

if you could find a bottom end tap with the correct thread it might work in the tank. is the locktite on the regulator or the bottle? you might try a pick and see if you can scrape it off, I've had red come off the threads of bolts before with a wire brush after the bolt was removed from its hole.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    if you could find a bottom end tap with the correct thread it might work in the tank. is the locktite on the regulator or the bottle? you might try a pick and see if you can scrape it off, I've had red come off the threads of bolts before with a wire brush after the bolt was removed from its hole.
    The original reg threaded part isn't as long the new ninja reg. there is red crap on the lower threads of the tank. The original reg didn't thread that far in. I'll see if I can scrap it off with a pick. Thanks

make sure you don't leave anything loose in the tank after your done.

Well I had to go into the city this morning so I brought my tank with me and hit a machine shop. They cleaned up the threads for me.

Also he blew out the tank with compressor. Should that be good enough or should I try to clean it out more?

i was thinking instant refill when i said make sure there is nothing in the tank, the hydro should wash out any particles.

The tank was hydro tested before the problem.