Thread: Mm2k9

Mm2k9

How many of you guys are still having velocity issues?
    Last edited by luke; 05-17-2014 at 08:27 PM.

I have 2 bodies. One body I haven't tested, but was told it had issues when using a lvl10. My other body doesn't seem to have any issues hitting 300+ with reballs, but I had to crank the valve up compared to when its in a ule body. I also noticed a ton of air coming from the feedneck when firing the "tested" body. I tried firing a reball with one in the feedneck to see what kind of air pressure was escaping up the feedneck. Well the feedneck ball jumped about 4' in the air and almost touched my ceiling. Looks like I will have to use a force feed hopper just to keep the balls in the neck.

Luke, have you tested yours yet? I know you've had one for awhile.

I haven't tested mine but I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with these bodies. I have a machined body here that I did last night that is headed back to the customer for testing.

So potentially you can fix the issue. That's good to know because I have a body coming that hasn't been tested.

Any chance you'd share your amazing wisdom and insight with us? I would totally be willing to send my body(s) in to potentially have the issue corrected. This issue is what has me on the fence about even keeping both of my bodies.

Mine doesn't seem to have issue.
    Just shooted comparing to my ule, at first sight I didn't noticed difference.
    I played a couple of time with it (at a friend's field in his private property so we are not focused on checking the chrono !!!!) and had no issue in game.
    I'll try to pass him at the chrono and let you know.

I bought the body brand new from PTP last time they sold them (2 years ago I think) and the Xvlave was brand new too.

Mine had velocity issues. Forest from ptp has had it for a while and it sounds like he might have fixed it. Not sure exactly how though yet. I would be very interested to know your fix and I am sure he would too. Thanks for being awesome!

Interesting, I would have guessed that there would have been a bigger response. These bodies were out of spec even without the ring, that's why you have to crank up the velocity compared to the ULE bodies and others...

ive had 3 mm2k9 bodies own one still.
    never had a single problem with velocity.
    My sydarm weighs less than yours!!!

Mine is a bit out of spec, but definitely still in the usable range, really does seem like only a few are so bad that they cant hit 300fps.

Have you swapped your valve between an AGD body and the MM2K9, just curious how much adjustment the valve needed going back and forth?

I have a suspicion that the problem is not only out of spec design but also a problem with the machining itself, I just haven't got an opportunity to inspect enough bodies to know for sure.

Yea, only lost about 10 FPS going from one to the other, less than a quarter turn on my X valve; initially I thought I had a bad body, was trying a new barrel at the same time and the barrel was causing huge velocity problems (50-80fps loss) and causing the valve to vent at 260 fps. Soon as I replaced the barrel with just a back from a friends barrel kit it was shooting 340s.

Other thing I noticed was how tight against the body the valve had to be to be able to engage the tumbscrew to the valve compared to the slight gap with all of my AGD bodies.

low velocity here.

I have a beautiful mm2k9 body that will not go above 240. That is even with trying 5 different valves on it. Its really sad as I really like the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahslug View Post
    I have a beautiful mm2k9 body that will not go above 240. That is even with trying 5 different valves on it. Its really sad as I really like the design.
    ill buy it from you and any parts with it.

Maybe I'll put mine together this weekend and see what it does. It's still in the plastic bag it came in.

Just waiting to hear back on the first one, will offer the machining if my math is correct.

Anyone have a sear for these? I'd be able to chime in once I have a sear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Just waiting to hear back on the first one, will offer the machining if my math is correct.
    I'm sure your math is good. Just hope this fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
    Anyone have a sear for these? I'd be able to chime in once I have a sear lol.
    They use normal RT sears but take special length sear pins.

Iím pretty confident this is the fix; the bodies weren't even within spec when they were shipped. I'm guessing it was due to the fact that they never intended on adding the ring. It seems to me they were beefing that contact point up because of that. Adding the ring just exacerbated the issue. I also found some bad machining on mine that was not one another body, I'm not sure if that in itself would have been an issue, but it does make me wonder if there are bodies out there that are worse. Fortunately the machining should cover both issues.

Lets hope

Let's hope it is the fix. Let me know if you need a test body.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahslug View Post
    Let's hope it is the fix. Let me know if you need a test body.
    I haven't tested mine but I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is with these bodies. I have a machined body here that I did last night that is headed back to the customer for testing.

Any news on this luke?

I have two bodies out there but no answers from the field.

I'm waiting on PTP to send me a washer before I use mine. I will report my results when I get the washer in.

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    I'm waiting on PTP to send me a washer before I use mine. I will report my results when I get the washer in.
    Have you tested it with a washer yet?

I had to email them again and the washer is on its way. Should be able to shoot it next week.

Interesting, I would have guessed that there would have been a bigger response. These bodies were out of spec even without the ring, that's why you have to crank up the velocity compared to the ULE bodies and others...
    ^

Did you notice the detents are in the wrong place? I also suspect the sear axle location is a bit off

"I'm not happy unless you're not happy"

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post

Did you notice the detents are in the wrong place? I also suspect the sear axle location is a bit off
    No I didn't check into it that far but I've seen your statements on the subject.

I was actually refusing to investigate any of the issues just on principle alone, even though I have one of the bodies. However, it only only took 5 minutes to figure out.

Any update?

Any update?

Have not heard a peep yet from either guy that got the machining.