Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mm2k9

I just finished two more bodies today, eventually we should get some feedback.

Luke... I'm interested. Can't get mine over 240-250 no matter which valve I use or how far I adjust the velocity.

Haven't been around much due to commitments elsewhere.
    Last edited by zondo; 08-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.

I don't have a problem machining these bodies, I just don't have any feedback that it actually works (lol) however the mathematics suggest it should.
    The machining also comes with the fix so stainless valves can be used. Anyone that wants the machining can hit me up for pricing, I suppose if I get enough machined bodies out there someone might actually put some air through one.

Luke, I will def advise on the machining solution once I receive my body back. Keep you posted.

hoping to hear back on this.

How much are you charging for this BTW?

Luke, I'll take it to the field as soon as I get it back... And I get my tanks back from hydro. This takes into account the SS washer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    This takes into account the SS washer, right?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Luke, I'll take it to the field as soon as I get it back... And I get my tanks back from hydro. This takes into account the SS washer, right?
    Got your body machined today, you should get your stuff on or before next Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Got your body machined today, you should get your stuff on or before next Friday.

Awesome! I'll let you know how it comes out after I get my tanks back from hydro.

I was able to make it to one of the local shops today and tested the velocity....Before I shipped out the mm2k9 I was having serious velocity issues only shooting a max of 225. I was pressed for time, and was not able to tinker like I usually do, however, after shooting a few shots and messing with the velocity I shot a low of 267 and a high of 298. At the end of the day Lukes modification worked and I am a satisfied customer. Luke, thx u sir.

Sweet, thanks. I cant wait to hear back from the others.

barkingspider, have you tested that body yet?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    barkingspider, have you tested that body yet?
    I did ~30 rounds. I did get over 280 fps with good paint to barrel match. I did have a generic barrel that I don't know the bore size that I was initially shooting 250 fps with. Then I got out my inception barrel and sized the back to the balls I have and it shot just fine. The velocity screw is screwed in a little further than my other mags, but that doesn't bother me much. This is with your milling and the ss washer/insert from forest. To me it's seems to initially be fine. I'll do more shooting with it soon and report back. It reminds me a little of my Metadyne Thumper with how the velocity works with the paint-bore match. I'm going to have Grub bring his up to me in a few weeks and we'll compare before sending his to you. He has one that isn't milled yet and was shooting decently in the fps range.

I too finally got a chance to shoot mine. I was running 270fps originally with the best barrel to paint boring I could do and my valve cranked up to the point of almost leaking. After Luke's mod I got 280s+ (local field chronos at 280fps) with a large bore barrel and small paint with my reg still having several turns left. I only played about 3-4 games with it, but I noticed a difference and it's so much easier to get my valve in and out of the gun. Also I ran my LvL10 with a shorter spring and used an RT on/off in my X-valve just for some RT-ing fun. Got it bouncing with my 800psi output tank and had lots of great looks from guys at the field. I love getting asked "What is that?" My favorite reply is first asking them how old they are and then telling them that the valve system in the gun is older then them. lol

I put a full pod through it today and got it between 285 and 265. Still had turns left on the reg.

You guys should send the bills to PTP

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    You guys should send the bills to PTP
    And they can send it to the company that milled the bodies for them and screwed PTP. Sure some blame goes to PTP, but from the sounds of it things were bad on both sides. If I'm able to play with my 2k9 body on a normal basic for only $40 extra then it was worth it to me. Now I just need to find a way to get my hyperframe on it. Turns out long trigger frames don't fit on M2k9 bodies. Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    And they can send it to the company that milled the bodies for them and screwed PTP. Sure some blame goes to PTP, but from the sounds of it things were bad on both sides. If I'm able to play with my 2k9 body on a normal basic for only $40 extra then it was worth it to me. Now I just need to find a way to get my hyperframe on it. Turns out long trigger frames don't fit on M2k9 bodies. Go figure
    The ASA getting in the way even with the notch facing the frame?

I haven't touched the frame yet. I was hoping to find another way, but I think milling down the front of the hyperframe is my only option. Its just a few mm too long. Now my UMF frame... lol that's a different matter.

I haven't touched the frame yet. I was hoping to find another way, but I think milling down the front of the hyperframe is my only option. Its just a few mm too long. Now my UMF frame... lol that's a different matter.
    I just want to make sure... When you look at your ASA, do you have the flat part facing to the rear? There is actually a front and back to the ASA.

Mine is perfectly round with no front or back. That's why I have to mill my frame to make it fit.

Mine is perfectly round with no front or back. That's why I have to mill my frame to make it fit.
    Huh... I'm not really familiar with hyperframes, but I would have thought they would fit without special milling.

My ASA has this flat spot on the collar. If it's not facing the rear, none of my frames will fit. Yours doesn't have this?
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Cool

Interesting. Mine is a perfect circle. The hyperframe has an extended front area past where the screw goes. I just played this last weekend with the gun so it's a bit dirty and oily, but take a look:

Mine has the little flat spot too, didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

So what, specifically, was the issue? Just curious, because I thought AO had this figured out about a year ago. Someone made a custom bolt that fixed the issue. This thread sounds like something different.
    XT00380
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Making a new bolt to fix a design mistake is the long way around, much easier just to re-machine it.

So did you determine the valve assembly was sitting too far back from the chamber?