Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The TUNABALL 8 early warning system has been activated!

there is a hotel near the event correct?
    easy to get to the field from?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Dibbs on a cabin spot !

I'll find out if Hanks going.

Mark me down for a cabin as well.

more details please for those of us who have never been. who's cabins, how far from field, nearest hotels and food, best guess on cost of playing, how many days are we playing, nearest airport(Trenton I would think) etc.

I will be in for a cabin possibly boltaction as well

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    You have a full year to start saving. I paid for almost my entire LL7 trip with a coin jar. I would throw loose change and $5s and $10s in whenever I could. It adds up, especially if you start now.
    I'm looking into flights.

I had two interviews on Monday for a new DBA/BI position. I nailed the first one and have a follow up on Friday morning with their CTO. I feel good about the second place, too. I told my managers about it and they finally realized I'm serious about leaving. They asked what I would need to stay. So, it looks like making it to TB8 might not be a problem after all.

Put me down for a cabin again.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    more details please for those of us who have never been. who's cabins, how far from field, nearest hotels and food, best guess on cost of playing, how many days are we playing, nearest airport(Trenton I would think) etc.
    Cabins (glorified trailer with wood siding, heat, AC, power, shower, toilet, water) are located less than 2 miles from the field. We RARELY leave a 5 mile radius of the area.

If you want to use a hotel,.. book early and book CLOSE to the field... its better on you,.. trust me!

I will add all of the information to the first post regarding nearby lodging and pricing sometime today when I get a chance. In the meantime, look for the Tunabal 7 thread, all the info will basically be the same.

if you dont want to stay in the cabins or they all get filled up, there are hotels ~10-15 mins down the same road from the field. can't remember the name off the top of my head, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin View Post
    if you dont want to stay in the cabins or they all get filled up, there are hotels ~10-15 mins down the same road from the field. can't remember the name off the top of my head, though.
    Does anyone remember what hotel TK stayed at last year? It was much closer then Heightstown

MOTY3
    Well I can't believe I'm saying this but I think my wife finally gets it. After LL7 and meeting everyone she is already talking about the next one. There is a very good chance we will make it to TB8 and I will be in shape for this one. We have a wager going now and I intend to make good on losing at least 70 lbs before TB 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner333 View Post
    Well I can't believe I'm saying this but I think my wife finally gets it. After LL7 and meeting everyone she is already talking about the next one. There is a very good chance we will make it to TB8 and I will be in shape for this one. We have a wager going now and I intend to make good on losing at least 70 lbs before TB 8.

Better stock me up on the jerky FIRST!!!

Does anyone remember what hotel TK stayed at last year? It was much closer then Heightstown
    was it here? this is where me and randy stayed last year. Just a straight shot down from topgun

http://www.radisson.com/freehold-hotel-nj-07728/njfree

Quote Originally Posted by SoulCoffin View Post
    was it here? this is where me and randy stayed last year. Just a straight shot down from topgun

http://www.radisson.com/freehold-hotel-nj-07728/njfree

I think that is it!

But they won't let you set stuff on fire at the hotel.........

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    But they won't let you set stuff on fire at the hotel.........
    Better to ask forgiveness than permission

Better to ask forgiveness than permission
    Exactly! Looking forward to getting back out there to see what's changed in the last ten years.

What is this Tunaball that you speak of and what difference is this compared to a "regular" big game? sarcastic beemmeup

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    What is this Tunaball that you speak of and what difference is this compared to a "regular" big game? sarcastic beemmeup
    at tunaball there's slightly less wiping

at tuna ball, there's more smoked pork

is this 1 day of paintball and 1 day to recover from Saturday night or 2 days of paintball?

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    is this 1 day of paintball and 1 day to recover from Saturday night or 2 days of paintball?
    Actually, festivities start Friday. 12 noon we usually meet at the field. Register, BS, get all of that out of the way so we dont waste time Saturday. Friday night we do a cookout... Play Saturday, repeat cookout, play Sunday. Sunday will most likely be a mechs/pumps only game

1. Less expensive.
    2. No one-hour registration lines (shortened to a mere 55 minutes by an efficient, streamlined online pre-registration process ).
    3. All the company is good.
    4. Tuna will be there.
    5. Pillage pork!
    6. More playing, less walking/waiting.
    7. Games are won by eliminating opponents vice spinning colored pinwheels under a paint sprinkler.
    8. Everyone playing is competent.
    9. No one is keeping score.
    10. No one is making you stand 2 hours in the hot sun to get said score.
    11. No quarter-mile chrono lines.
    12. Parking is surprisingly close to staging area.
    13. Staging area is not on an oozing septic field.
    14. No need to say/repeat/repeat/repeat, "This is an automag."

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    1. Less expensive.
    2. No one-hour registration lines (shortened to a mere 55 minutes by an efficient, streamlined online pre-registration process ).
    3. All the company is good.
    4. Tuna will be there.
    5. Pillage pork!
    6. More playing, less walking/waiting.
    7. Games are won by eliminating opponents vice spinning colored pinwheels under a paint sprinkler.
    8. Everyone playing is competent.
    9. No one is keeping score.
    10. No one is making you stand 2 hours in the hot sun to get said score.
    11. No quarter-mile chrono lines.
    12. Parking is surprisingly close to staging area.
    14. No need to say/repeat/repeat/repeat, "This is an automag."
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Menace_AO View Post
    Sorry about that one. This was the first time that's happened. If I had known, I would have picked a spot in campland 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    Sorry about that one. This was the first time that's happened. If I had known, I would have picked a spot in campland 2 or 3.
    personally I would have preferred 2 on Saturday for less walking but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    No blame at all, good sir! Just keeping a sense of humor. Besides, I had a fine time, and I'm guessing most folk did as well. In fact, you guys all lifted my spirits immensely on Friday. Seriously. It was plenty gloomy in all that mud and rain, but you all just took it in stride, and it rubbed off.

Hind sight is always 20/20. If not for the good people that showed up, it would have been a total poop-fest. Leech field not withstanding.

But i have more of a pro lem with how the event was run, the lack of rules or even enforcement, and the total disregard of safety. Luckily TopGun and Tunaball organizers are players and know what it takes to put on an excellent event. Hell, tunaball has been going on cor much longer, and with no injuries at the game. Except for a couple people's feelings...

, and with no injuries at the game. Except for a couple people's feelings...
    I usually excel at hurting other peoples feelings.