Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Fibre wrapped air tanks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    557

    Fibre wrapped air tanks

    Probably an easy one.. Can you buy new tanks without a regulator?

    I just realized my tank is expired as far as hydro goes, but with 10 more months left on the tank (until it's 15 year mark), it's not worth re-testing.

    I have a great reg on it (newer ninja reg) - Don't need another! lol

    What are my options here?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,814
    Call ninja. Betting they will work something out with you.

    Excuse for the itty bitty ultra light 68 maybe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    625
    another option would be to buy a new ninja tank (or a 1-2 year-old used tank) and sell your ninja reg to help offset the cost.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    central coast cali
    Posts
    140
    Try Crossfire decent prices on new tanks without regs.

    http://www.crossfireinc.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    southern IL
    Posts
    1,814
    Quote Originally Posted by lobo_fuerte View Post
    Try Crossfire decent prices on new tanks without regs.

    http://www.crossfireinc.com/
    Have the new crossfires got any lighter than the ones from 5 years ago? If not I'd look elsewhere. My wife's crossfire tank is super heavy. The reg is not light. But the tank weighs in a lot worse than I ever would have dreamed.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,296
    ANS gear sells cheapo tanks - swap the reg on that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    557
    Thanks for all the input, much appreciated!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSelfLost View Post
    Probably an easy one.. Can you buy new tanks without a regulator?

    I just realized my tank is expired as far as hydro goes, but with 10 more months left on the tank (until it's 15 year mark), it's not worth re-testing.

    I have a great reg on it (newer ninja reg) - Don't need another! lol

    What are my options here?
    sorry btu 2 issues here, we do not sell direct to players and we do not sell bottle only. we do not have to install the reg but the reg has to be sold with the bottle.

    as always check with your local dealer as they may have a good option for you or if you use the internet ask for the reg not installed.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    887
    Are all tanks basically the same and are sourced to a manufacturer to put their own reg on?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,296
    Quote Originally Posted by smilestyler View Post
    Are all tanks basically the same and are sourced to a manufacturer to put their own reg on?
    Prior to the new Ninja SL tanks, I'd have guessed a "yes" to that question. But with the new SL tanks, likely not considering the new tech/materials going into the tank.

    Hopefully the Ninja rep will come back and answer that.

  11. #11
    i've got a crossfire i purchased in the last 6 months, i will weigh it tonight if i get the chance.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Prior to the new Ninja SL tanks, I'd have guessed a "yes" to that question. But with the new SL tanks, likely not considering the new tech/materials going into the tank.

    Hopefully the Ninja rep will come back and answer that.
    Yeah most paintball tanks I've come across are made by either Luxfer or Carelton, and then sourced out to other companies such as Ninja or Crossfire. With the new SL tanks, I have no idea and can't seem to find that information on the web. Since Ninja is the first to market with the super lightweight tanks, I'm not sure they'll be chomping at the bit to tell their manufacturer specs, either. lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus View Post
    Yeah most paintball tanks I've come across are made by either Luxfer or Carelton, and then sourced out to other companies such as Ninja or Crossfire. With the new SL tanks, I have no idea and can't seem to find that information on the web. Since Ninja is the first to market with the super lightweight tanks, I'm not sure they'll be chomping at the bit to tell their manufacturer specs, either. lol
    crossfire makes their own tanks, and ninja uses tanks made by gayston (who also supplies tanks for guerrilla air and pure energy / empire). the sl tanks are also made by gayston.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    185
    If the new tank search doesn't work out, try contacting these guys. They'll be able to attach your reg on a used/re-hydro'd tank, and it might save you a few dollars in the process.

    http://www.swapmytank.com/Default.aspx

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,296
    http://www.ansgear.com/68_4500_ANSge...t6845black.htm

    ANS Gear has some stock 68/4500 tanks for sub $100. Yank the reg they give you and drop your Ninja on it. Pretty good price.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    http://www.ansgear.com/68_4500_ANSge...t6845black.htm

    ANS Gear has some stock 68/4500 tanks for sub $100. Yank the reg they give you and drop your Ninja on it. Pretty good price.
    ah, those are used tanks though. not a terrible price; add a rubber fill-nipple cover to bump the price over $100 and get free shipping. you could do a little better though if you're patient and dig a little.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    ah, those are used tanks though. not a terrible price; add a rubber fill-nipple cover to bump the price over $100 and get free shipping. you could do a little better though if you're patient and dig a little.
    No they're not. The product line is called "Owned" - not pre-owned tanks.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dayton OH
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    No they're not. The product line is called "Owned" - not pre-owned tanks.
    ah, ok. at any rate, they are old tanks with a hydro date of 5/12. so $100 for a new, but old tank, is fair i think. good option.

  19. #19
    http://crossfireinc.com/index.php?pa...mart&Itemid=53

    I bought one of these in either December or January and I just weighed it with thread protector, rubber fill nipple cover and minimal rubber butt gripper and its 2 lbs 9.8 ounces empty.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    crossfire makes their own tanks, and ninja uses tanks made by gayston (who also supplies tanks for guerrilla air and pure energy / empire). the sl tanks are also made by gayston.
    As Mentioned in another post the tanks are made by Gayston and this is not a secret, google the dot sp # on any tank and it will tell you the manufacturer.

    The problem with getting a cheaper tank is getting the reg off, if they used to much lock tire it may not come off.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Don't know, I am lost.
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post
    As Mentioned in another post the tanks are made by Gayston and this is not a secret, google the dot sp # on any tank and it will tell you the manufacturer.

    The problem with getting a cheaper tank is getting the reg off, if they used to much lock tire it may not come off.
    Right.............and or damage the threads.

    What is the standard you guys go by for using loctite, red, blue or..? Also what is the standard for the torque on the reg?

    Thanks

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    WI.
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Right.............and or damage the threads.

    What is the standard you guys go by for using loctite, red, blue or..? Also what is the standard for the torque on the reg?

    Thanks
    purple.
    BEZERKERS
    ALL MAG SHOOTING TEAM

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    Right.............and or damage the threads.

    What is the standard you guys go by for using loctite, red, blue or..? Also what is the standard for the torque on the reg?

    Thanks
    locktite does not hold a tank to a reg but torque does. we torque the regs on so they have a 20 ft lb removal torque to get them out and the locktite is just there to slow the removal of a reg. we use a very small amount of red and when i say small it is a drop.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    IN -- USA
    Posts
    9,296
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post
    locktite does not hold a tank to a reg but torque does. we torque the regs on so they have a 20 ft lb removal torque to get them out and the locktite is just there to slow the removal of a reg. we use a very small amount of red and when i say small it is a drop.
    I'm really glad I talked to Ray @ Ninja at Living Legends. It's nice to have somebody straight from the industry answering questions here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •