Thread: Driving to Canada for Paintball?

Driving to Canada for Paintball?

Anyone have any experience? How do you get through customs? Pedal to the metal, swim with a drybag, or is it way easier than I'm thinking it may be?

Well I can tell you about going from Canada to US...
    You can ask to fill out a document that itemizes your gear so there's no question when you go home as to wether you bought the stuff and have to pay duty/tax on it. I always do this for high end stuff like guns. If you are flying you are supposed to remove the reg off of your tank. Other than that, have a passport and don't lie about anything to the border guards any you won't have any problems.

Thanks for that. As long as it's free crossing on declared paintball equipment I suppose that answers my questions.

In doing a bit more research, I have found many examples of people successfully crossing with what are clearly paintball markers (emphasis on not using the word gun).

However, one question that still sticks out in my head is how the Canadian side would treat milsim (like a Milsig M17, mag fed, rails, etc.) markers, given the strange regulations on replica firearms. Any experiences with real-looking magfed paintball markers that anyone can share?

I can't speak to border guard attitudes, but my local store sells mil sim markers. There are usually lots of them at the local woodsball field

One thing you should check: does your tank have TC approval?

I would think it probably does but I know the new ninja tanks don't yet (or at least they didn't a month ago)

If you have concerns about the milsim markers. Make sure that you have the owners manuals with the markers to prove they are paintball equipment. If you're polite, honest and declare everything, you shouldn't have any issues. Just remember that Border Patrol has less of a sense of humor than your local state patrol does.

Wow Temo, you're still alive.

As Temo says, just be honest and call them paintball markers and equipment and you'll be fine.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

And if they ask if it shoots over 600 fps say no. It's not like in 1999 when a lot of people were driving to Skyball.
    Forest Gump of paintball

WTF would you leave MI for Canada for?

HSI, Lone Wolf, Futureball(?) and the scattering of indoor in the area... and the amazing Chicago fields are not too far away either.

Don't give the Canucks the opportunity to mess with you. (though the ones at the Detroit crossing are way cooler than the ones in Sarnia...)
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback