Thread: ule an micromag?????

ule an micromag?????

Can you ule the underside of a micromag? If so could this help in making a pump out of micromag?

Always thought a pump micromag would be awesome but I can't imagine how difficult it'd be.

So far I believe there is only one micromag pump.

I have an MM2K9 body that I would love for someone to figure out how to pump.

A member here was selling a Micro E-Mag body that had been ULE milled on the bottom a couple of years ago. If you dig deep enough, you might be able to find pics.

At a glance it looks possible but not likely plausible. It would take lots of time, effort and engineering to do, much too much to warrant any enthusiasm to take the project on I'm afraid.

The one I saw done the pump rod channel was in the frame iirc.

But Luke I heard you like to ule the crap out of everything no matter what.

If you need a body to take a look i have couple of them that are little beat up.

ULEing the bottom has nothing to do with the pump channel, creating the pump slot is the challenge. I'm 99% sure I can do it, I just don't really want too, lol.
    It would take a great deal of time to engineer when there's tons of other stuff I would rather do.

I was just answering your question "can it be done", I believe it can, BUT it would be expensive to develop.

Here is the thread on MCB that you guys are talking about:

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...omag-nyah.html

Cool idea but like Luke said it would take a lot of time and work. Seems like something up my alley, but for some reason I've never really wanted to do this to my micromags.

And to answer your question, yes you can ULE mill a Micromag, but I had Luke go a different route for me and my 2k vert Micro:

I sent it off to get anodized and I'm hoping it turns out and the steel ring doesn't mess things up. Otherwise it's off to be Powdercoated.

Sk8ermog, yours now brings up another idea to me. Can you do the pump milling and run the arm on the side of the body instead of between the rail and body? Kind of like a cocker but micomag.

That is an interesting idea. Most likely would need less milling but then the body would have a hole on the side. Luke did the milling on my micromag.